By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us - To Hit 10 Million Sold?

The Last of Us (PS3)
7 Million Sold - as of July 16th 

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
1 Million Sold - as of September 2nd

So we know, that by September 2nd The Last of Us crossed the 8 million mark, but what about now, 3 months later?

PS4 has the "GTA V + The Last of Us bundle" for $399, and judging by the retailers "best sellers list", it was a success on Black Friday. Now, if the bundle continues to sell well through Christmas, The Last of Us could potentially be looking at 10 million sold by the end of the year.

Around the Network

this game is bundled everywhere. so yes, they will reach 10m end of next year

ofc u want ur game to reach this milstone. every company is desperate for such a nice 10m pr

prinz_valium said:

ofc u want ur game to reach this milstone. every company is desperate for such a nice 10m pr

End of next year? The game was already at around 9m before the bundling started. It would've reached 10m without bundles, but now it will reach it this year instead of next year.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

prinz_valium said:

Lolz.

Nothing short of incredible for a new IP to hit these kinds of numbers. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Can anyone remember the last new "exclusive" IP that sold 10 million?

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
prinz_valium said:

Lolz.

Nothing short of incredible for a new IP to hit these kinds of numbers. 

ofc. best new ip sals wise, since years

It'll reach 10 million easily.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how far over 10 million it goes. The sequels sales could be absolutely massive.

TrevDaRev said:

It'll reach 10 million easily.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how far over 10 million it goes. The sequels sales could be absolutely massive.

i hope they wont make a sequel.
just let it be a nice standalone

or maybe a spin of (story wise) if the need to milk the name

LordLichtenstein said:

The Last of Us (PS3)
7 Million Sold - as of July 16th 

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
1 Million Sold - as of September 2nd

So we know, that by September 2nd The Last of Us crossed the 8 million mark, but what about now, 3 months later?

PS4 has the "GTA V + The Last of Us bundle" for $399, and judging by the retailers "best sellers list", it was a success on Black Friday. Now, if the bundle continues to sell well through Christmas, The Last of Us could potentially be looking at 10 million sold by the end of the year.

I think theres alot of confusion when it comes to totaling game sales. TLOU RM is a separate game to TLOU on PS3, adding them both together is odd. Thats like adding God Of War trilogy to the God Of War games sales, or Comparing Halo on Xbox and adding Halo Anniversary to its total sales count or Wind Waker to Wind Waker HD.. it doesnt work like that. TLOU on PS3 sold 7m, TLOU RM on PS4 sold 1+m plain and simple. The Bundles will help raise the PS4 TLOU RM while the PS3 has stopped at 7m, and to claim TLOU sold 10m is quite stupid in my opinion. That goes for all games and there remakes. I call it cheap sales, you can continue to make a game multiple times and release it every year and have a classic game sell way above 10m+ if companies wanted to. Point is 2 different games on 2 different systems.

LordLichtenstein said:
Can anyone remember the last new "exclusive" IP that sold 10 million?

Nintendogs, Brain Age, Wii Fit, Wii Sports (would have easily sold at least 20 mio even without bundling), non-Nintendo: Just Dance, Minecraft