By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Why you should buy a Wii U this holiday"

Today is Thanksgiving, the eve of Black Friday and the start of the holiday shopping season. Millions of games and consoles will be sold over the next month, and many consumers will have to make their choice between the Wii U, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Most of the debates surrounding current-gen platforms are still consisting of only the Xbox One and PS4, leaving the Wii U out in the cold despite it having so many amazing releases in the past few months. For this reason, I’d like to discuss why consumers may want to consider going with the Wii U as their console of choice this holiday. Check out my thoughts in the video below.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/11/why-you-should-buy-a-wii-u-this-holiday-video/

I'm sorry if such a thread exists bla bla bla...

THE VIDEO IS IN THE NEXT POST

or here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZRgACv9BZ4

Around the Network

I was between Wii U and xbox one as my secondary console but found a huge Samsung TV 4k at a good price and went over it plus there's a lot of games that were released for ps4 so I'm set up for 2015. Maybe next holidays.

I am going to say one thing, yes, the wiiu does have a lot of exclusive but graphic wise, it doesn't appeal to most gamers. Their games might have great gameplay and fun but most gamers now just want their game to look mature and real, not toony looking, imo.

I think the 8GB Wii U bundles represent a lot of value and those should do well. I still feel the premium model is overpriced (even with bundles), after one or two digital purchases an external hard-drive is pretty much required anyway. If all your games will be retail I don't see any reason to get premium over the Basic model.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I think wiiU is the best system for 2014 imo cause it really does have a great library of games and if you can find one for $200, I do say you buy it if you are in the market for one that is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Good video. WiiU is a great console that deserves better.

Wii-U needs about three more titles that interest me before I seriously consider putting one in my entertainment center. As it stands, the only game that screams "play me" is Mario 3D - Tropical Freeze and Wind Waker HD are benefits but not incentives. Most of the big titles of this year do not appeal to me, unfortunately. Played enough Mario Kart & Smash over the years, Bayo turned me off on PS3, and I loathe Destiny Warriors gameplay. Hopefully next year will be different.

arcaneguyver said:
Wii-U needs about three more titles that interest me before I seriously consider putting one in my entertainment center. As it stands, the only game that screams "play me" is Mario 3D - Tropical Freeze and Wind Waker HD are benefits but not incentives. Most of the big titles of this year do not appeal to me, unfortunately. Played enough Mario Kart & Smash over the years, Bayo turned me off on PS3, and I loathe Destiny Warriors gameplay. Hopefully next year will be different.

It's not Destiny Warriors lol, it's Fate Warriors.