By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBOX ONE vs PS4 Durability Test

thismeintiel said:
Euphoria14 said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, it would have been interesting if they had dropped the XBO properly. The first drop, they both land on their side, so it's a fair test. On the 2nd drop, he let's the XBO drop somewhat sideways, so it didn't land like the PS4 did. The PS4 took all the damage at one side, while the XBO was able to shift as it hit the ground (it also landed on a corner), spreading the force. I demand a redo!

Yes, PS4 landed directly on the HDD, absorbing all the contact. It's no wonder it died.

XBox One landed on the corner and then flipped to the other side and absorbed the rest of the contact on the side with the BD drive, allowing most of the contact to be absorbed by the shell and not the components up against the side, other than the BD drive.

I wouldn't be shocked if the BD drive was dead, but it's possible it could still be used for digital.

If they both landed indentical on their sides where their HDD drives are I am sure both would have died. Not that it matters though, as nobody drops a PS4/XBone from 15 feet.

Lol, true.  They did survive the more realistic first drop.  And I do prefer that the PS4 takes the time to check itself to make sure nothing is wrong, instead of just booting up normally and possibly causing more harm.

It is pretty sad, though, that they are all dressed up in labcoats, in a lab, trying look like they are being all scientific, yet can't run a simple experiment without fucking it up. 

Not even sure if 5 feet is realistic, maybe 3 feet. How high to people keep their consoles? O_o

I know my PS4 dropped from 3 feet and landed right on the HDD. Now my HDD cover has a crack in it. My girl tried to play it off saying "I have no idea how that happend." before she admitted she wasn't paying attention and bumped into it after standing it on it's side at the edge of the table.

Oh well, it still works.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
These youtube comments make me so happy: "If you listen closely, you can hear Sony faggots crying."

Classy.

OT: Nice video! This will show the internet that the Xbox One is the superior product!

Well they had good reason for making the Xbox One more durable at the expense of it's size.

Xbox One owners are on average less intelligent than the average gamer and are therefore far more likely to drop their Xbox One on regular occasions.

Hence, the Xbox One is clearly designed for its fanbase.

This Comment was Moderated by "............................."

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Euphoria14 said:
thismeintiel said:

Lol, true.  They did survive the more realistic first drop.  And I do prefer that the PS4 takes the time to check itself to make sure nothing is wrong, instead of just booting up normally and possibly causing more harm.

It is pretty sad, though, that they are all dressed up in labcoats, in a lab, trying look like they are being all scientific, yet can't run a simple experiment without fucking it up. 

Not even sure if 5 feet is realistic, maybe 3 feet. How high to people keep their consoles? O_o

I know my PS4 dropped from 3 feet and landed right on the HDD. Now my HDD cover has a crack in it. My girl tried to play it off saying "I have no idea how that happend." before she admitted she wasn't paying attention and bumped into it after standing it on it's side at the edge of the table.

Oh well, it still works.

I'd be pissed.  If, in the future, you ever need to bury her body, just give me a call.

thismeintiel said:
Euphoria14 said:
thismeintiel said:

Oh well, it still works.

I'd be pissed.  If, in the future, you ever need to bury her body, just give me a call.

Nah, it didn't bother me at all. Shit happens.

I also have the protection plan from PSN. When I called them to make sure it covers (Since it says accidental damage is covered) the guy ACTUALLY said: "Dude, no worries. Let's say your dog is a real pain in the ass and isn't house trained and suddenly decides to piss all over your PS4 and it dies, we will replace it."

That sold me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

What a joke. When X-play did it for the 6th gen, they did all three consoles, and they put them through much tougher tests.

Around the Network

Well they had good reason for making the Xbox One more durable at the expense of it's size.

Xbox One owners are on average less intelligent than the average gamer and are therefore far more likely to drop their Xbox One on regular occasions.

Hence, the Xbox One is clearly designed for its fanbase.

This Comment was Moderated by "............................."

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I'm surprised the X1 is that durable. It kinda feels like something that would break easy if it fell.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Finally X1 is better at something! jk

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Lolll wow! I guess the MS engineers designed the x1 to withstand a lot of force! Congrats!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

because you playing your console by dropping them a lot