By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 grabbed 50% of entire European console market this week

POE said:
I hope all this people buying the PS4 have at least the half amount of fun im having with my wii u.

Hard to not have fun with a new console. Tons of game already released plus huge digital sales this month, that's enough to have fun i guess.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Doesn't deserve it . Not one bit.

wut?

You know what, I live in the EU and here is another opinion; it's totally deserved.

foodfather said:
Ninsect said:
foodfather said:
Doesn't deserve it. Not one bit.

That's your opinion. I'm sure most people in Europe disagree

You sure about that? The games that gave PS4 the biggest boost have been the biggest disappointment so far this gen, Watch Dogs and Destiny. 

And now the latest release to set the EU charts is Call of Duty and no doubt GTA V remaster will do the same. All multiplat, none of them any good / worthy of their success. 

And the Xbox 360 continued outsell the PS3 for many consecutive months in the U.S, even after their non-Kinect exclusive dried up to the same few franchises, basically long after they stopped 'deserving' to win. In many cases, it simply helps to have an install base lead in a given region, as it fuels more sales down the road from people wanting to play with their friends. And since Europe's lead is pretty dominating, nothing short of reducing the Xbox One to an impulse buy level of cheapness would likely turn their fortunes around there. They remain competitive in the US and their stronghold regions simply because the lead hasn't reached that extreme yet.

why people want to play on a given console doesn't automatically have to be restricted to the exclusive titles. Sometimes, simply being the console that has a vibrant local community, and isn't faltering to establish  a player base, is enough.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

The only sale you can judge that a console 'deserves' or doesn't deserve is your own. Acting all indignant that the market doesn't reflect your personal taste is really lolworthy.

I'm not surprised. PS4 does amazing in Europe and everything else kinda doesn't.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
This is not a thread about customer satisfaction; keep it on topic.

OT: That's impressive, Europe was always Sony's best territory.

Yep.  PS4 in Europe sold roughly like all other consoles and portable all combined. That's crazy.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

PS4 makes the others consoles in Europe kind of nonexistant this week.

Ninsect said:
CGI-Quality said:
Has any console, besides the PS2, ever done this before?

Wii might have done it, probably DS a few times

Haha I quickly read that as "We might have done it, probably DS a few times"

I was like....who is "we"?  XD

Those European numbers are CRAZY.  It's going to be interesting to see how well the US numbers do next week in comparison to the European market.

Sal.Paradise said:
The only sale you can judge that a console 'deserves' or doesn't deserve is your own. Acting all indignant that the market doesn't reflect your personal taste is really lolworthy.

I call it annoying and arrogant as fuck.

You should post more.

chocoloco said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I call it annoying and arrogant as fuck.

You should post more.

What they said!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com