By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Little Big Planet is the single most enjoyable series I have ever played!

Ssliasil said:
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
Ok I gotta ask; Is LBP2 worth it over the first and/or 3rd one? The first one had the freshness advantage, but I've played that one to death and I'm really just interested in which one has more value/quality.

I heard about the issues LBP3 had, so I don't think I'll be getting that one...at least not yet until patches patch it up.

LBP2 was amazing, improved over LBP1 quite dramatically in every way. 

LBP3 improved perhaps even more over LBP2 than LBP2 did to 1.  There are some glitches but nothing game breaking liek IGN seems to believe, No idea where they got that from. 

IMO, I would DEFINTIELY go with a LBP3 if you could only get one of them, theres so much more you can do in that one than you can do with any of the others....I've seen fully 3D platformers and FPS games that control comfortably.....Those were doable in LBP2 but quite awkward to control.

PERSONALLY If I were in your position, I would get both LBP2 and LBP3, if only to just get to materials, costume pieces etc from LBP2 to transfer to LBP3.

Actually I ordered LBP2's special edition and I was just curious to see what user consensus was, but there seem to be other reviewers that have issues wtih LBP3 as well.  I guess I'll wait for that one to drop in price in the future before deciding.  

I think I made the most balanced decision, but I'll definitely see how LPB3 holds up in the future.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
Ok I gotta ask; Is LBP2 worth it over the first and/or 3rd one? The first one had the freshness advantage, but I've played that one to death and I'm really just interested in which one has more value/quality.

I heard about the issues LBP3 had, so I don't think I'll be getting that one...at least not yet until patches patch it up.

LBP2 was amazing, improved over LBP1 quite dramatically in every way. 

LBP3 improved perhaps even more over LBP2 than LBP2 did to 1.  There are some glitches but nothing game breaking liek IGN seems to believe, No idea where they got that from. 

IMO, I would DEFINTIELY go with a LBP3 if you could only get one of them, theres so much more you can do in that one than you can do with any of the others....I've seen fully 3D platformers and FPS games that control comfortably.....Those were doable in LBP2 but quite awkward to control.

PERSONALLY If I were in your position, I would get both LBP2 and LBP3, if only to just get to materials, costume pieces etc from LBP2 to transfer to LBP3.

Actually I ordered LBP2's special edition and I was just curious to see what user consensus was, but there seem to be other reviewers that have issues wtih LBP3 as well.  I guess I'll wait for that one to drop in price in the future before deciding.  

I think I made the most balanced decision, but I'll definitely see how LPB3 holds up in the future.

You defintiely cant go wrong with LBP2, its a modern classic for a reason :)

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Multi player with this series always ends in laughs and smiles. The game is just a joy and agree I always feel good after playing it. Look forward to LBP3

Good for you.

phaedruss said:

Eh no get a pc or something. Charm doens't make a game good

neither does graphics alone...

Around the Network

Are you an engineer or an engineering student by any chance? People who love creating that much usually pursue those career types.

Ssliasil said:

I just had to get that out there!  In my days, I have played thousands of games and immensely enjoyed an uncountable number of them.  But I cant help myself but to fall in absolute love with the Little Big Planet series above any other series.

Sure I Love Final Fantasy, and I dont think I would want to live in a world without FF, But theres something about LBP that just trumps it.

I love me some Elder Scrolls and even typical shooter #1, they each provide awesome game experiences and great fun at times...but again LBP just has that CHARM that no other series has ever had, sans perhaps certain Mario games........and Pokemon Snap lol.

It might sound stupid, but theres something to be said about a game that puts a smile on your face when you boot it up and see the intro.  Most games go for the Captivation approach to hook you into the hype, but everything about LBP just screams IM FUN DUDE!

Of course the main attraction to the series is the Create Mode and for damn good reason!   I put more time into LBP2's Create Mode than I did to any other game this over the past 10 or so years and have never gotten sick of it.

I have no idea why I made this topic, guess I just had to vent my enthusiasm for the series a bit, I really need to get LBP3 lol.  

Awesome when a game is so enjoyable you just want to share your joy with others to see if they can join you in getting even a taste of what you have found in the series. One of the reasons I fell deeply in love with LBP first was the voice over work by Stephen Fry, I think he is just fantastic and delivers the in game narration to perfection, the slightly pushed co-op sections I wasn't a huge fan of since I love a game that I can just sit down myself and fully enjoy all of it but those few sections stop that from being the case.

If you happen to have a Vita btw the version of LBP on that is an absolute massive game, contains almost as much as LBP2 from the ps3 and allows you access to the created community stuff from the ps3 titles too for the most part. (if you just have a psp however avoid that version like the plague, it is completely devoid of the fun that is had in the other titles and it's massive empty lvls just show that the psp hardware cant run a good port of that size of game)

If you love that sort of charming game btw, have you played the pikmin games? Both 1+2 are games I feel the same as you about LBP, always recommend them just as games to get lost in the world of charm they create around the player and couldnt be more removed from the yearly fifa outtings or Call of FPS 5 : Modern Teabagging.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

RCTjunkie said:
Are you an engineer or an engineering student by any chance? People who love creating that much usually pursue those career types.

Went to school for Game Art/Design for about a year before life forced me to take a temporary break ;)

Been about a year since I was in School.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

To further add to my last post, It was LBP and EverQuest that inspired me to go into the gaming industry :)

Ssliasil said:
RCTjunkie said:

Went to school for Game Art/Design for about a year before life forced me to take a temporary break ;)

Been about a year since I was in School.

Seems like a perfect fit. Hope you'll be able to go back to school when you can!