By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like X1 will get November

Dark_Feanor said:

Are you still insisting GTA V will push consoles???

Two resmasters, one 6 months old won´t make that much difference.

As I said before, BF is about cost not "value". Many people go for the lower cost, not the best value.

Of corse there will be some player looking to save a few bucks on that bundle. However imagine an aunt, uncle, or grampa wanting to buy a christmass present to a 10 years old boy.

They will buy the cheapest one.

That is because I belive PS360 will have a sales spike next week. And even the WiiU will have a great week.

It is GTA.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

Are you still insisting GTA V will push consoles???

Two resmasters, one 6 months old won´t make that much difference.

As I said before, BF is about cost not "value". Many people go for the lower cost, not the best value.

Of corse there will be some player looking to save a few bucks on that bundle. However imagine an aunt, uncle, or grampa wanting to buy a christmass present to a 10 years old boy.

They will buy the cheapest one.

That is because I belive PS360 will have a sales spike next week. And even the WiiU will have a great week.

It is GTA.

And we all know how big gta is, and what some ppl can do to get this game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSL-Mv2BZAo

: D

This pack will obviously push ps4 a LOT, it will probably be the best selling console in BF because of this. I would buy one if i could import it, but i'm in EU, so...

ethomaz said:

Landguy said:

Only if price does not matter to any of the buyers.  THose buyers would have bought the PS4 anyway.

It is the best deal... what MS have to counter attack?

What is big than PS4 + GTAV + TLOUS at $399?

Wal Mart has a XB1 with 2 games for $329 and they give you a $30 gift card.  So, it is essentially $100 less than the Sony deal.

It is near the end of the end....

Don't feel bad about it, ps4 has done a wonderful job with just the regular SKU. it has been consistently charting at position 15th or less on amazon even with the super value xbox one bundle. Microsoft threw already everything it had for a while so let see how ps4 would perform once sony do their own move including price cut.

Landguy said:
ethomaz said:

Landguy said:

Only if price does not matter to any of the buyers.  THose buyers would have bought the PS4 anyway.

Wal Mart has a XB1 with 2 games for $329 and they give you a $30 gift card.  So, it is essentially $100 less than the Sony deal.

Yea XB1 deals have seriously been insane even have me wanting to pick one up but it's just so pointless to have both consoles right now (IMO). Neither console maker has any exclusives that really interest me the only games I'm looking forward to are multiplat games. I'll admit Sony's games have me slightly interested simply because any new IP has my interest (throw quantum break into that mix). Overall though exclusives just don't matter to me on either side. Even the new IP's don't scream must have but who knows until you actually play them.

What I really wonder is how much is MS losing on all these deals? Target had a similar deal to walmart but they were giving away a $50 gift card on top of that.

Around the Network
method114 said:
Landguy said:
ethomaz said:

Landguy said:

Yea XB1 deals have seriously been insane even have me wanting to pick one up but it's just so pointless to have both consoles right now (IMO). Neither console maker has any exclusives that really interest me the only games I'm looking forward to are multiplat games. I'll admit Sony's games have me slightly interested simply because any new IP has my interest (throw quantum break into that mix). Overall though exclusives just don't matter to me on either side. Even the new IP's don't scream must have but who knows until you actually play them.

What I really wonder is how much is MS losing on all these deals? Target had a similar deal to walmart but they were giving away a $50 gift card on top of that.

Not sure if they are really losing on them or not or atleast not much.  I was thinking that both Sony and M$ were in the profit zone by $50 or more at the $399 price point.  It doesn't say that anywhere on the net, just my opinion.  I was also thinking that it may be more than that by $30-50.  I think M$ just wrote off the cost of Kinect 2.0 and moved on.  By just ignoring the money invested, the cost to produce the system would go down along with the actual cost of not including it.  The truth is that we will never really know.

M$ clearly decided that if they didn't get mindshare and actual market share in the US this holiday, they would be so far gone that this gen would have been a total loss.  So, even if they are losing $20-$50 per unit at the pint of sale, they can make that back with a XBL sub/renewal or a few games purchased.  Also, M$ is really looking for a whole home ecosystem with the launch of Windows 10(which is excellent) next year, a new Windows 10 compatible phone OS and a system update next year that makes the XB1 Windows 10 compatible.  It's a long view for them.  THey don't mind losing the Console War, but they are more concerned about being blown out the door like what was happening.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
method114 said:
Landguy said:
ethomaz said:

Landguy said:

Not sure if they are really losing on them or not or atleast not much.  I was thinking that both Sony and M$ were in the profit zone by $50 or more at the $399 price point.  It doesn't say that anywhere on the net, just my opinion.  I was also thinking that it may be more than that by $30-50.  I think M$ just wrote off the cost of Kinect 2.0 and moved on.  By just ignoring the money invested, the cost to produce the system would go down along with the actual cost of not including it.  The truth is that we will never really know.

M$ clearly decided that if they didn't get mindshare and actual market share in the US this holiday, they would be so far gone that this gen would have been a total loss.  So, even if they are losing $20-$50 per unit at the pint of sale, they can make that back with a XBL sub/renewal or a few games purchased.  Also, M$ is really looking for a whole home ecosystem with the launch of Windows 10(which is excellent) next year, a new Windows 10 compatible phone OS and a system update next year that makes the XB1 Windows 10 compatible.  It's a long view for them.  THey don't mind losing the Console War, but they are more concerned about being blown out the door like what was happening.

Your right we don't have any real proof but I just have a hard time seeing MS drop another $70 and still be making money + free  games and still making money just don't see how they could possibly do that. If that's the case they should have dropped to $350 already.

I think MS realizes the domino effect that's happening here.  It's like I saw someone say before people buy the consoles their friends have so if all your friends get the PS4 then you will to. So I think MS is hoping to get as many kids as they can get this holiday season since that's what a lot of kids will want and then later on those kids friends will also get an X1 so they can play together. The holiday time is the best time to lose money like this because it can pay off later once the price goes back up and those kids friends buy the system when they can. Also holidays are the times when parents are buying consoles for their children so that also helps.

Ok 100 thread about xbox beting ps4 in november confirmed. Well I think its good if they win.

I'm getting antsy for the week of the 22nd #'s. Probably gotta wait til Friday>_

tiffac said:
ijustlikegames:) said:
tiffac said:
Yes, MS will win November. The homeland will be retaken, it starts now!

Even if it manages a close win in November it won't sustain the sales and the PS4 will continue to dominate which is absolutely great in my book.

You guys have no faith in the X1. :(

It hasn't given any reason to have faith...its an inferior console, only sells well in short bursts and really just has nothing that has convinced me I need to buy one...