By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive Free for Xbox Live Gold Members this Saturday

V-r0cK said:

According to VGC its at around 320k, not sure if that's good or bad. But i'd say its pretty decent for the amount of hardwares currently sold.

All I know is that this seems like a slap in the face to those that actually bought the game as it was so recent, not even a month old game!

Not really!! Actually people should be happy more gamers will join them on online matches, more people will probably end up buying the game, which would cause more support from Insomniac.

Slap in the face would be pass up the opportunity to support thegame more.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
V-r0cK said:
Goatseye said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Sales must have been pretty bad.

Sales must've been very good.

According to VGC its at around 320k, not sure if that's good or bad. But i'd say its pretty decent for the amount of hardwares currently sold.

All I know is that this seems like a slap in the face to those that actually bought the game as it was so recent, not even a month old game!

It's only free for 24 hours. So not really a slap in the face. Seems like a move to boost sales. 

But then buying a Gold membership is still cheaper than buying the game plus get all the goodies of being a gold membership.  But I think alot of the buyers would have already had the Gold membership and wished they just waited.

surely sales must be a bit undertracked at a guess going by XOne sales here unless they adjusted s/ware

not bad for 24hrs though you get a session out of it no problem,see if you like

Above & Beyond

But it is not free when you have to pay for xbl

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

300k sold for a top hyped EXCLUSIVE from an established studio like Insominiac.....very bad. Considering there were approximately 6 million Xbox1 install base, that means there was a .05% attach rate for the game, with 300K copies sold. That is not good by any standards. Usually it's at least 1% attach rate. 5% or 10% is considered a success. .05% is a failure.

That's why they are giving the game away for free for a day, in an effort to show people that it's a good game, and to buy it. Problem is, people that buy an Xbox just aren't interested. Xbox only users are primarily FPS fans primarily, and look for the dark grey/green/brown hyper-realistic games. SunsetOverdrive is a 3rd person action/shooter with bright colors and that's the opposite of what the base of Xbox fans look for.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

Around the Network
RenderMonk said:
300k sold for a top hyped EXCLUSIVE from an established studio like Insominiac.....very bad. Considering there were approximately 6 million Xbox1 install base, that means there was a .05% attach rate for the game, with 300K copies sold. That is not good by any standards. Usually it's at least 1% attach rate. 5% or 10% is considered a success. .05% is a failure.

That's why they are giving the game away for free for a day, in an effort to show people that it's a good game, and to buy it. Problem is, people that buy an Xbox just aren't interested. Xbox only users are primarily FPS fans primarily, and look for the dark grey/green/brown hyper-realistic games. SunsetOverdrive is a 3rd person action/shooter with bright colors and that's the opposite of what the base of Xbox fans look for.

Even though you are trying your best to downplay the game, you just deemed it a success. 300k/6 million is 5%. Work on your math. 

true_fan said:
RenderMonk said:

Even though you are trying your best to downplay the game, you just deemed it a success. 300k/6 million is 5%. Work on your math. 

Yeah I read his comment and was thinking the same ^^'.  Anyway Insomniac games are not big sellers and normally also have legs.  The bundled version, digital version is not counted aswell so 300k miminim now can be a potential million seller./

SlayerRondo said:
Rip off

Booo! :(

Really fun game! Great for peeps who havent tried it yet! I would recommend it especially for free. Its good MS is finally getting it. I like what Phil is doing very much.

I for one am pretty happy to see that I can test it out for 24 hours. I haven't had the time to pick it up yet as my backlog of games I need to play is immense... Maybe I can just beat the game in that time frame and call it good!