By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: E3 2015 Setup for Nintendo

None of that will do much to guarantee that I buy a Wii U again

It all sounds very nice though

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Soundwave said:

My guess is pretty different

1. Nintendo unveils Fusion handheld. Will go on sale in late spring 2016 for Japan, summer 2016 for North America. Is as powerful as a Wii U. They will not show any specific games, that will be saved for a later time.

2. Nintendo unveils "Nintendo Universe" for 3DS, Wii U, and Fusion. Will be a built around the Amiibo toys and will basically be Nintendo's version of Skylanders. Launches in November 2015 for 3DS and Wii U, Fusion at launch (2016).

No

Yes. 

3DS is selling too weakly (probably will barely manage 10 million in shipments this year ... lowest Nintendo handheld shipments since 1996) to be able to carry a 6 year life cycle especially when Wii U is selling like a turd. So 2016 is a go for the Fusion handheld IMO. 

It makes sense too, AMD recently mentioned they have 2 large contracts for 2016 with regards to be a mobile GPU ... I think Nintendo is one of these contracts as AMD doesn't exactly have many partners for mobile components. 

A Nintendo hub game made specifically for Amiibo just makes sense. People are going to get tired of certain Amiibo having very limited functionality, so making a game like this will make sure each Amiibo toy has useful functionality. Plus it will sell a lot. A no-brainer. 

1. New 3ds is coming to the west :D
2. Xenoblade 3d is coming to the west.
3. Errm, other stuff...

I've not got it all figured out yet.

1-New 3DS on americas, release early august
2-xenoblade releases in same day, comes also bundled with N3DS
3-FE:A2
4-Some 3DS japanese games get localized;
5-Annouce an acessory to read NFC on 3DS
6-Annouce that some games will receive amiibo suport
7-A big amiibo exclusive game for 3DS and wii U. More like disney infinity than skylanders, for free. download now!
8-Animal crossing U
9-pokken
10-fatal frame
11-zelda U
12-more 2 MK8 DLCs
13-Diddy kong racing 2
14-Mario tenis U(please)
15-A entirely new game. Starling, rosalina.
16-super mario world/galaxy 3/universe

New 3DS will be out in North America in Feb/Mar, that will be old news by E3.

They haven't a prayer of even sniffing their 12 million 3DS target if they don't release New 3DS in the West before the end of the fiscal year. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
EricFabian said:
Soundwave said:

My guess is pretty different

1. Nintendo unveils Fusion handheld. Will go on sale in late spring 2016 for Japan, summer 2016 for North America. Is as powerful as a Wii U. They will not show any specific games, that will be saved for a later time.

2. Nintendo unveils "Nintendo Universe" for 3DS, Wii U, and Fusion. Will be a built around the Amiibo toys and will basically be Nintendo's version of Skylanders. Launches in November 2015 for 3DS and Wii U, Fusion at launch (2016).

No

Yes. 

3DS is selling too weakly (probably will barely manage 10 million in shipments this year ... lowest Nintendo handheld shipments since 1996) to be able to carry a 6 year life cycle especially when Wii U is selling like a turd. So 2016 is a go for the Fusion handheld IMO. 

It makes sense too, AMD recently mentioned they have 2 large contracts for 2016 with regards to be a mobile GPU ... I think Nintendo is one of these contracts as AMD doesn't exactly have many partners for mobile components. 

A Nintendo hub game made specifically for Amiibo just makes sense. People are going to get tired of certain Amiibo having very limited functionality, so making a game like this will make sure each Amiibo toy has useful functionality. Plus it will sell a lot. A no-brainer. 

Why would a new handheld sell better than 3DS?

It is selling bad, but not because of power. And also, the price of a wii U powered handheld would surpass the 3DSs. And they dont need an expensive handheld.

How much do you think a handheld so powerful as wii U would cost?

I think it is the main point.  But i dont think they can deliver a handheld as cheap as 3DS. At least not in 2016.

About the amiibo exclusive game, i agree. but if not free, very cheap. not more than 20$.

Soundwave said:

Yes. 

And still NO. New 3Ds isn't out yet in America or EU. Does not make sense, at all

Click HERE and be happy 

I hope there's a new Paper Mario for Wii U announced in the next E3 (or before)...it must happen

Seeing as how they have done the digital and seen that it only caters to purists, I think they are coming back to the big show and will try to get a major announcement done. Something like a $100 price drop...

It is near the end of the end....

I won't write up a prediction of their whole presentation...
But I will make a few predictions...
I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Animal Crossing or Paper Mario for Wii U...
I hope we see Metroid in some form...
For (New) 3DS, I think it's likely we will see a 3D Land sequel, as well as a sequel to Awakening...
I also can't help but wonder if we will see Advance Wars too...

Have a nice day...