By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Vs XB1 LTD: Xbox within 300k?

So sales between the two are getting closer and closer and we're hearing of overtracked and undertracked for both in certain places (not undertracked for WiiU mind).

VGC current sales stand at 7.378m for WiiU and 6.734m for XB1, a gap of 644k.

I know VGC uses its own sets of figures and doesn't rely on Chartrack and NPD ect, but it does usually adjust to be more in line with those.

NPD shows WiiU overtracked 20k for the month of October and XB1 about 60k.

Charttrack show (assuming week ending 15th is 30k again for XB1) XB1 is undertracked in the UK over 160k.

There is also the debate over whether 190k on shelves for WiiU is enough, ioi disputes that it is (and so likely no adjustments will come) but a lot of people here agree it's odd WiiU doesn't have much stock on shelves but PS4 and XB1 have millions (yes even though the weekly sales see a big gap, it's an even huger gap for what's on shelves/channel).

Then we have the sales for week ending 15th which should show "around" 300k for XB1 with the release of Halo MCC and Assassins Creed, and 100k for WiiU as it naturally rises into the holidays. Another 200k~ lead for XB1.

All of this said I believe WiiU is overtracked a good 60k end of September (250k on shelves seems more than reasonable.) along with 100k this week, putting it at 7.418m.

XB1 is overtracked in the US 60k but undertracked in UK 160k+. Along with 300k this week puts sales at 7.134m

Gap end of 15th = 284k.

Around the Network

I also believe XB1 is undertracked elsewhere (given 7.5m on shelves end of September and 5.7m sell through) but can't dispute where it is undertracked.

So I left it out, wouldn't be surprised if the gap was really well under 200k tho.

xbone is way more overtracked in usa mister seece(200k probably),because the first week of November has October's  last week sales tripled...91*3=272k but xbone seems that sold 41k and not 91k that week ,so 41k*3=123k.

XBOX ONE is undertracked in the UK by 150K.
XBOX ONE is overtracked in the US by 150K.

The XBO is more than 60k overtracked in the US BTW. With 170k in October, if we assume that the three first weeks were as low as 30k, that "only" leaves 80k for the third week (Which still seems high considering that everyone knew that they would be able to get it for 50$ cheaper within a week). If we then factor in the 3x more than last week statement, then that leaves us with 240k sold for Cod week, which is 40k less than what VGC has it at.

I think the US overtrack is roughly equal to the UK undertrack.

Around the Network
tak13 said:

xbone is way more overtracked in usa mister seece(200k probably),because the first week of November has October's  last week sales tripled...91*3=272k but xbone seems that sold 41k and not 91k that week ,so 41k*3=123k.

You have no idea if that is true or not though.

Teeqoz said:
The XBO is more than 60k overtracked in the US BTW. With 170k in October, if we assume that the three first weeks were as low as 30k, that "only" leaves 80k for the third week (Which still seems high considering that everyone knew that they would be able to get it for 50$ cheaper within a week). If we then factor in the 3x more than last week statement, then that leaves us with 240k sold for Cod week, which is 40k less than what VGC has it at.

This seems much more fesiable. Didn't MS say "more than tripled" tho? *goes to check*

"Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled"

Yay xbox.

Very well deserved, Xbox is a much superior console so it only makes sense it does better numbers in the long run.

Microsoft is actually putting a fight.

Seece said:
Teeqoz said:

This seems much more fesiable. Didn't MS say "more than tripled" tho? *goes to check*

"Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled"

Eh, considering that I was fairly generous with the 4th week sales I think it should even out. But even if we use something like a 320% increase, that "only" puts Cod week numbers at 256k, while VGC has it at 297k (I thought it was 280 first, but then I checked) So we still end up with a 41k overtrack, and that's in the best case scenario for the XBO.