By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Userbase - What the #@??

FishyJoe said:
The Wii version is garbage. That's why it's not selling.

I second the best answer on here, the Wii version is garbage!

Around the Network

So, about this ? Wii Need for Speed Carbon - 145,834 PS3 Need for Speed Carbon - 212,280 Wii The Godfather - 34,061 PS3 The Godfather - 50,270 Wii Blazing Angels - 32,779 PS3 Blazing Angels - 101,175 Wii Madden NFL 07 - 353,311 PS3 Madden NFL 07 - 380,387

Blue3 said:
So, about this ? Wii Need for Speed Carbon - 145,834 PS3 Need for Speed Carbon - 212,280 Wii The Godfather - 34,061 PS3 The Godfather - 50,270 Wii Blazing Angels - 32,779 PS3 Blazing Angels - 101,175 Wii Madden NFL 07 - 353,311 PS3 Madden NFL 07 - 380,387

Numbers are less than PS3 yes...but those are series that have long flourished on the Playstation name. 

I actually think it's impressive that these titles are about even with PS3 sales...I'm disappointed with The Godfather sales, but otherwise it's not that bad.  Blazing Angels just sucked.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:

Numbers are less than PS3 yes...but those are series that have long flourished on the Playstation name.

I actually think it's impressive that these titles are about even with PS3 sales...I'm disappointed with The Godfather sales, but otherwise it's not that bad. Blazing Angels just sucked.

so what.

Yahh real impressive selling less while having a user base twice the size.

Blue3 said:

I've mentioned this before.  I think this is a case of where the "core" gamers went.  Realistically, if a "core" gamer is going to buy a multiplatform game, which version would they buy?  The graphically impressive one.  When I go to some place like EB or Gamestop, I always hear customer ask which version looks better.  Not which plays better.

What I also found funny, is when I went in to buy The Godfather: Blackhand Edition at EB, the clerk handed me the PS3 version.  I said, I wanted the Wii version and he asked, "is there a Wii version of that game?".  The manager then had to come out and find the Wii version.  I simple case of stores just not promoting those games also.  

Still, considering how much software competition there is on the Wii, I think it's doing pretty well.  I do wish The Godfather sold better (and I don't understand how since I know more people who own it for the Wii).  It's going to take a while to build the "core" gaming crowd on the Wii.  With more games like Rygar and Soul Calibur Legends, they have a good chance of doing that.

-Darkness 

Around the Network

How did such a poorly drawn conclusion kick-off this thread?

Sorry gebx, but I find that whole line of reasoning flawed.  If I was to liken it to a medical research study, it would be akin to the following:

• Institute BRI theorises that <50% of women respond to breast cancer treatment.
  • BRI conduct trials with drug X and find that 30% of women respond favourably to the drug.
  • BRI concludes that only 30% of women respond to breast cancer treatment. Based on trials using a single drug and a single mode of treatment!
Um…yeah..who on earth would agree with BRI’s conclusion?

There are plenty of non Nintendo franshises which I would gladly buy should they make a decent game. RE4 and RE UC I might just pick up, the FF and Fire Emblem titles if they come soon enough, and I am dieing to play Batallion Wars 2. Third parties are killing themselves on the Wii. If they wanna churn out crap for the Wii then I won't buy it. I do my research, I only plan on buying a game if it gets some high praise from reviewers.

Shane said:
The other versions are jokes in their own right. If I've said it once, I've said it 137 times. People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games. Anyone hoping this is not true is going to be very surprised that third party support never gets beyond "meh" levels, whether Nintendo's first or third. No developer wants to drop $20 million on the system to have it be outsold 5:1 by something like Wii Play, which has been universally panned as nothing more than a technical demo but sells because of the name of the publisher.

Wii Play sells because it has a Wii Remote included, obviously. If you're already buying a Wii Remote -- which, this early in the console's lifespan, most are -- Wii Play is effectively a ten dollar game. It's probably the worst game Nintendo has ever produced, but yes, I'd purchase that for ten dollars. Please don't be obtuse and insist that it's selling because Nintendo makes it: I work at a Toys R Us, and I sell Wii Plays to people all the time, almost all of whom have no idea who produced the game. They say: "I've heard of this game," and I explain that it comes with a Wii Remote, which retails for 39.99, and the game is 49.99. That's pretty much all most people need.

Nintendo makes good games, plain and simple. Historically, GOOD third party games have done well on their consoles: just consider Resident Evil 4 and Rogue Squadron from last generation, or go back further (when Nintendo had strong 3rd party support) and remember games like Final Fantasy III for the SNES or RC Pro AM for the NES (these were chosen by looking at sales charts. I could choose about 100 other games from this era). Your argument is obtuse, incomplete and, I suspect, deliberately so. Your suggestion that "3rd party titles don't sell on Nintendo consoles" is patently false, as (again) the recent examples of Rogue Squadron and Resident Evil 4 prove. Instead, one can say "mediocre 3rd party games don't sell well on Nintendo consoles," which is neither surprising nor bad.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Blue3 said:

I wish I would of looked up those numbers for my original post. Again, whats the reason why those games are being outsold by the PS3??

Here's some other interesting numbers - 3rd parties that do better on the Wii

35Sonic and the Secret RingsSega8,200235,016
79Sonic the HedgehogSega3,642100,052

30Rayman Raving RabbidsUbisoft8,800444,367
89Rayman Raving RabbidsUbisoft3,08612,961

See a pattern?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Blue3 said:

So what you're saying is, PS3 owners are so starved for good games that they'll buy the likes of Blazing Angels and NFS?

Godfather with Wii controls is insanely fun, though. Shame it didn't sell more.

gebx said:

See a pattern?

Yeah, games which are advertised as being specifically for the Wii tend to sell a great deal better.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks