By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF: GTA 5's next-gen grass compared

Digital Foundry on Red Dead Redemption:

'In Red Dead Redemption, this effect is gone or at least massively reduced, meaning that the gulf in picture quality between the two versions is more readily pronounced. There's no doubt about it: just in terms of the basic aspects of the image, there's little doubt that the 360 version presents more resolution and more detail, and this is rather more important than it would be in many other games.'

But on THIS game. 'It doesn't make much difference'

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Oh dear lord. Now we're discussing whether having lusher vegetation in games matters! This is is incredible. So:

Resolution doesn't matter
Framerate (in games like TR) doesn't matter
Better lighting doesn't matter
More detail doesn't matter

Is there anything left that we can legitimately demand from next gen games that 'doesn't matter'?

I'm waiting for the day when "realistic water" doesn't matter.

Barkley said:

I'm waiting for the day when "realistic water" doesn't matter.

Just look at the gulf between how DF compared 360 and PS3 games to how they compare them now:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-red-dead-redemption-face-off

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Oh dear lord. Now we're discussing whether having lusher vegetation in games matters! This is is incredible. So:

Is there anything left that we can legitimately demand from next gen games that 'doesn't matter'?

This gen oly console warz matters. Nothing else
It's time for a real war again, so we stop batteling over consoles

GribbleGrunger said:

but if all that don't matter why does broken driveclub online matter or buggy single player in LBP3? You can add MCC broken online, AC & COD yearly repetiveness to the don't matter list either. Such double standards in this industry! 

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Barkley said:

Super Mario 64 had tree's and that was on the n64.

-_-

Do you know what topic you are talking about? Because Super Mario 64's tress were controvercial. All trees of Super Mario 64 have "billboard effect" this means 2D tress always look at your POV. Why this happened? Because of limitations of N64.

The grass in xenoblade does the same. For those who brought it up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yes! Just what GTA gameplay needed! More grass!

It's going to be rough going for Microsoft from here on out.

Kerotan said:
GribbleGrunger said:

but if all that don't matter why does broken driveclub online matter or buggy single player in LBP3? You can add MCC broken online, AC & COD yearly repetiveness to the don't matter list either. Such double standards in this industry! 

I think it all matters!  however I must point out online issues are usually much more temporary than the inherent advantages of having a more powerful console.  Also only some reviewers have mentioned LBP3 bugs and they're pretty small judging from review videos so most likely not a big deal.  MCC has been ok from when i've played online at a friends but I suppose that's pretty limited

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

It's confirmed then: The PS4 isn't powerful enough to handle lawnmowers, while the Xbox One is!

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens