By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It appears the 3DS has a rare game now...

And it's Cubic Ninja.

Apparently the cart can be used to play homebrew (tisk tisk) on the 3DS, and is now being recalled.

Grab a copy if you still can.

Around the Network

So that's why this surged on amazon!

$61 from amazon.ca or $50 for amazon.com... Yea I will wait... Not like I can do anything till the n3ds as well as the backup launcher comes along anyway since I don't want to get banned from Nintendo's online

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
$61 from amazon.ca or $50 for amazon.com... Yea I will wait... Not like I can do anything till the n3ds as well as the backup launcher comes along anyway since I don't want to get banned from Nintendo's online

It might rise in price if the units are being recalled though.

Teeqoz said:

Yea but there will always be other ways to hack it. Ironically, this is by ubisoft lawl (cause of how anal they have been against piracy). Thanks Ubisoft

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Won't Nintendo just update the system again? Or would that not solve the problem for some reason?

the_dengle said:
Won't Nintendo just update the system again? Or would that not solve the problem for some reason?

It should but I doubt Nintendo knows what the vulnerability is at this point or else they would have already sent a patch for it! But of course, the key is for hackers is that by this point, those that want to hack will not update their 3ds anymore until a "spoof" comes out

Teeqoz said:

It didn't sell many copies, so it should become a true "rare" game (as in low quantity/hard to find).

Whether or not it remains valuable (what many seem to confuse with rarity) depends on demand.

this was like 3 pounds in shops a few years ago! how did it get so rare and.... how can this be used to play homebrew games?

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
this was like 3 pounds in shops a few years ago! how did it get so rare and.... how can this be used to play homebrew games?

From what I gather it has to do with the level editor in the game. Dodgy save files can be loaded through the editor to allow homebrew.