By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What are your top 10 favorite songs from the year you where born?

not a fan of anything in the early 80s. 90s hell yeah, tons from then.

Around the Network

God I never realized how much I hated the music the year I was born. 1986 and the rest of the decade bassically.

90's and early 2k's are my jams.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:

God I never realized how much I hated the music the year I was born. 1986 and the rest of the decade bassically.

"In Your Eyes" and "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel are great songs from 1986.  Sledgehammer also has one of the best music videos from the 80s.  Plus there are a lot of other pretty good songs that year like "Livin' On A Prayer" and "The Final Countdown" for example.

I was born in 1987 so I doubt there was much good.

Not in Particular Order just what top 10 pops in my head (i will not put any song from the same artist)

with or without you - u2.... kinda annoy me sometimes now

Luka - Suzanne Vega... awesome song... better in acoustic

just like heaven - the cure

alone - heart

david bowie

sweet child o mine - guns n roses (album released in 1987 but song released on 88)

bad - michael jackson

trip away- jane's addiction

the one i love - REM

couldve been - tiffany (mushy mushy aiko)

need you tonight - inxs

way down in the hole - tom waits

MAN that was hard!!!!

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Hmmmm, '92...I don't know what years songs came out.

From that website you posted Rooster is probably the only one that would be in my top ten, but the early 90's had a ton of great music. Looking at '92 though, it seems like most bands released albums in 91 and 93...

Some others:
Wake Up - RATM
Wish - NIN

one of the best album!!!!

phaedruss said:
I was born in 1987 so I doubt there was much good.

same year lol was hard to pull songs from that year man! was able to put 10

aikohualda said:

Not in Particular Order just what top 10 pops in my head (i will not put any song from the same artist)

alone - heart

david bowie

sweet child o mine - guns n roses (album released in 1987 but song released on 88)

bad - michael jackson

the one i love - REM

need you tonight - inxs

MAN that was hard!!!!

Pretty good list I would consider Sweet Child O' Mine and all the songs from the Appetite for Destruction album 1987 songs.  Just using the songs on the Bad album you can make a pretty good top 10 list.  Its my third favorite album from the 80s after Thriller and Purple Rain.  Appetite for Destrution probably would make my top 10.  Plus that year also had Intrdoucting the Hardline According to Terrance Trent D'Arby which is one of the most underrated albums from the 80s.

Chris Hu said:
aikohualda said:

alone - heart

david bowie

bad - michael jackson

the one i love - REM

need you tonight - inxs

MAN that was hard!!!!

Pretty good list I would consider Sweet Child O' Mine and all the songs from the Appetite for Destruction album 1987 songs.  Just using the songs on the Bad album you can make a pretty good top 10 list.  Its my third favorite album from the 80s after Thriller and Purple Rain.  Appetite for Destrution probably would make my top 10.  Plus that year also had Intrdoucting the Hardline According to Terrance Trent D'Arby which is one of the most underrated albums from the 80s.

purple rain probably one of the best album of all time!

Chris Hu said:
toot1231 said:

"In Your Eyes" and "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel are great songs from 1986.  Sledgehammer also has one of the best music videos from the 80s.  Plus there are a lot of other pretty good songs that year like "Livin' On A Prayer" and "The Final Countdown" for example.

hate all those cheese fest songs.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~