By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What are your top 10 favorite songs from the year you where born?

shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:

All My Life by K-Ci & Jo Jo  is the song I remember the most even though the song didn't become huge until the single was released in March of 1998.  Since I played a lot of GT2 I also heard this song a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRqP52c0OLU

Oh wow, forgot about it, love that song too. One of the best love songs ever written imo.

Its one of the best for sure and the most popular from the 90's. 

Around the Network

I don't think I could name a single song from the year I was born. I much prefer music from 20 years before I was born.

the_dengle said:
I don't think I could name a single song from the year I was born. I much prefer music from 20 years before I was born.

Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode is very good might just be my favorite song from the 90. 

Chris Hu said:
the_dengle said:

Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode is very good might just be my favorite song from the 90. 

Never heard of it, nor the group. It certainly gives me that 80s/90s vibe.

the_dengle said:
Chris Hu said:
the_dengle said:

Never heard of it, nor the group. It certainly gives me that 80s/90s vibe.

Well it almost could have been a 80's song since it was recorded in late 1989 but it wasn't released until the 5th of February 1990.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Well it almost could have been a 80's song since it was recorded in late 1989 but it wasn't released until the 5th of February 1990.

It hardly matters, they're like two halves of the same decade.

the_dengle said:
Chris Hu said:

It hardly matters, they're like two halves of the same decade.

Well the 80s where noticeably better when it comes to music but the 90s had better movies and video games. 

Chris Hu said:

Well the 80s where noticeably better when it comes to music but the 90s had better movies and video games. 

In general though the 90s always just feel like the 80s Part II. Everything sort of feels like a natural extension of the previous decade.

And then the 2000s come along and it's like, what the hell went wrong? :P

the_dengle said:
Chris Hu said:

In general though the 90s always just feel like the 80s Part II. Everything sort of feels like a natural extension of the previous decade.

And then the 2000s come along and it's like, what the hell went wrong? :P

More of less I would agree but music wise the 80s where a lot better then the 90s. 

Chris Hu said:
rakugakist said:
Billie Jean
Beat It
Sweet Dreams
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
Eye of the Tiger
I Ran
She Blinded Me with Science
Should I Stay or Should I Go
White Wedding
Africa
Mad World
Blister in the Sun.

More than ten. Total product of the eighties.

Good list the only one I wasn't familiar with was "Bilster in the Sun"

Violent Femmes song. Pretty sweet.  I was born in a pretty good year for music I guess.  I never even realized until I went to your link.  Thanks, lol.