By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii “a shadow of its former self”, Vita better than 3DS and others as “best handheld gaming experience”

Yeah i sell my product on restaurant and when i say to costumer our product is the best

and don't forget he said “I believe that Vita is the best handheld" he noted that is only on his opinion an his job at his company.

The fact it is best handled, but... lack of quality triple A games, most of the games are console games and a lot of them are cross platform. But for JRPG gamers and Japanese gamers it's competitive on it's own.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
small44 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Regardless of what it has got itself, it still has PSP backwards compatibility. Due to that it is automatically as good as the PSP at a minimum, no?

No,i had a PSP and i play all the good game on it, people buy console for it's games not for emulators if i want to play emulator there is console dedicated to this

So you didn't care about or use PS2 or PS3's backwards compatibility either then?

Yes

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

You tell em' Sony.
(I disagree with the Vita parts though)

When the first guy is talking about the Wii, is he talking about the brand or the last gen console?
Also Vita better than 3DS...

I believe that Wii U is the best home console gaming experience, full stop, period. Nothing comes close to that. You can talk about your PC, you can talk about, you know, Sony and Microsoft platforms or what have you in the home console space. I think, pound-for-pound, buck-for-buck, Wii U is the best gaming experience you can have.

Around the Network
ghost_of_fazz said:
I believe that Wii U is the best home console gaming experience, full stop, period. Nothing comes close to that. You can talk about your PC, you can talk about, you know, Sony and Microsoft platforms or what have you in the home console space. I think, pound-for-pound, buck-for-buck, Wii U is the best gaming experience you can have.

Nice for you but high majority of ther market disagree with you.   Imo wiiu has been the worst gamaing expericence in my two and a half decades of gaming.  But that does not matter sales do, and wii all know how its doing there ehh.  

Can't say i disagree with him, but people will be angry about this. It's arrogant when Sony says something as we all know.

Tippi said:

A couple of folks over at Sony shared some not-so-nice comments pertaining to Nintendo in recent interviews.

First, while speaking with Red Bull, Sony’s Fergal Gara said that the Wii “is a shadow of its former self.” Gara was reflecting on the future of the PlayStation 4 and appealing to a mass market.

Elsewhere in an interview with IGN, Sony Computer Entertainment America president/CEO Shawn Layden stated that he believes the PlayStation Vita offers the best portable gaming experience – even more so than what Nintendo is doing with 3DS.

All the bold are true and I just traded in my 3DS, because I don't play it. The Vita is superior and I have more games for it than the 3DS (1) and nothing on the 3DS appeals to me past Zelda.The hardware and features are also better for the Vita.

I highly doubt anyone can really deny the Wii part, as for the Vita comment, I don't agree with it but what is the CEO of Playstation going to say about a PS product? Certainly not that it pales in comparison to the competition.

You telling me a Sony executive believes Sony products are superior!?

I am legitimatley shocked!

Whatever the case, yes I agree: Wii is "a shadow of its former self". Wii U will be dead-last in the console race but to that I say GOOD! I want Nintendo to stop trying to cater to every head under the sun and focus on delivering tight gaming experiences via solidly-built software titles that are finished at release.

I for one welcome an end to the complacency of the Wii era.

As for Vita being superior, hardware-wise it is factually superior. However, it is most often the software, not the hardware, that makes a game.

You may all now proceed to shitstorm as corporately planned.