By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 Vs. Gears of War Vs. Metroid Prime 3 Vs. Resistance: Fall of Man

Yulegoat said:
Munkeh said:

I think that Killzone 2 will really be something special, I've been playing KL and its an amazing game and from all the reviews I have read there has only really been one criticism, its too hard.

Just what reviews have you been reading? The average review score is 73% according to gamerankings.com. Here's some of the weak points about the game from the IGN review (7.5) and these are mentioned in many other reviews too.

"The framerate is disastrous and has a serious detrimental impact on gameplay, often leading to missed shots, unobserved enemies, and general disorientation. Also, while Killzone features some remarkable still frame visuals for the PlayStation 2, movement creates some rather serious burps. Characters that don't animate facially when speaking in-game is a slight, but the more serious visual hiccups are polygonal seams (the white shimmering or breaking that happens where two polygons meet in an environment) and a really hilarious LOD system."

"The first major gameplay oriented problem with Killzone is that the AI is about as intelligent as an orange rolling down a hill."

"Despite focusing on the same kinds of heavily scripted action sequences as Allied Assault or Call of Duty, Killzone never delivers the scale."

"It's not uncommon to walk in front of a character and see a blurry mishmash of polygons that would barely pass as PSOne acceptable. It's not uncommon to turn a corner and see a hill that looks like a grey temporal void, or a floor that's a long sheet of pure brown. It's pretty ridiculous and happens way too much to be healthy."

"Know that multiplayer is subject to the same technological deficiencies as singleplayer. Furthermore, in a competitive environment it can be very disheartening to lose a match simply because your framerate dropped to unacceptable levels or the control was too clunky to get a proper shot off."

"When characters in the distance or as close as one foot away do anything they might only draw two or three frames of animation. It's like watching a Southpark character spontaneously move from one position to the next."

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/561/561669p1.html

Want more?

EDIT: most of the technical problems are probably fixed in Kz 2, but I'm not a fan of the plot either, so they have to make substantial improvements to reach a classic status. Then again, I didn't like Halo at all, so maybe I'm not the best person to evaluate these run-of-the-mill scifi shooters.

I was talking about Killzone Liberation

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/739/739150p1.html 

N.B. The criticism of it being too hard was in other reviews

add me

Around the Network

Better overall games 1. METROID PRIME 3 2. Resistance 3.GoW 4.Halo 3 Best selling 1.Halo 3 2.Metroid Prime 3 3.GoW 4. Resistance (sales go up tho but not ahead of Gow )

Bioshock and Crysis shouldn't even be considered cause they're not even out, how would you know how good they are?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

xstonexcold316x said:
Better overall games 1. METROID PRIME 3 2. Resistance 3.GoW 4.Halo 3 Best selling 1.Halo 3 2.Metroid Prime 3 3.GoW 4. Resistance (sales go up tho but not ahead of Gow )

I agree, why is Halo though of as the best FPS, what makes it so good? (I have never played it)

add me

Well, seeing that Halo sold about 5 million, and Halo sold about 8 million, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 3 sold 10 or 11 million. But seeing that there are only about 10 million Xbox 360's out today, it may take a while after the release of Halo 3 for a number that big to be achieved.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Well, seeing that Halo sold about 5 million, and Halo sold about 8 million, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 3 sold 10 or 11 million. But seeing that there are only about 10 million Xbox 360's out today, it may take a while after the release of Halo 3 for a number that big to be achieved.

you forget that alot of people were disappointed with halo 2.. so halo 3 is gonna have to be big to overcome that.. and the fact that Gears of War was pretty damn good...they have to compete with that game also..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

ckmlb said:
Bioshock and Crysis shouldn't even be considered cause they're not even out, how would you know how good they are?

That's stupid reasoning, because then Resistance would win this argument.  Halo 3 could potentially suck, and so could Metroid Prime 3.  We're basing our opinions off previous Halos, Metroids, and from what we've seen of Bioshock and Crysis.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Because halo is unbelievably fun. And Gears of Wars has one of the best singleplayer campaigns. EVER.

Halo sells so well for 2 reasons: 1. A pretty decent story mode with offline/online co-op. It was the first of its kind, expecially for a console. 2. It has the best online multiplayer of any console game ever made. Think Goldeneye fun (if your old enough to of played it back in the day), online, and a bit more. IMO, I don't like Halo, it's too hokey for me, but the huge draw with Halo is the fact that right now, about 1 million people or more are playing it online as we speak. Its like the console version of World of Warcraft. The reasons I feel H3 will sell better is a higher online rate of players, a price drop, more favorable market conditions for the 360 to succueede, a longer lifespan of the 360, and far more hype for H3 due to there being major improvements on it. Go over to gamestats.com , they monitor the most-requested games on their circle of websites. H3 has been #1 for as long as I can remember. Even as others said, there are more retailer/consumer preorders for H3 vs. even GTAIV. Thats huge. Its not like Im predicting Halo because I like the game. I dislike the game. I never owned H1 or H2 and never will own H3. It sucks to me. But that doesn't change the fact that MS has set themselves up for huge sales this christmas for the game, weather I like it or not.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

alot of people complained about halo 2's multiplayer online... alot of those same people might not come back

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732