By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Legends: The Space-Time Crystal announced! and Brave Exvious! ..a NiKKoM Thread.. so you know..

When are they gonna put an Final Fantasy game on the handheld consoles? I could understand them not for the Vita due to the low install base (even though i feel like it would sell really good because of the catered audience) but why not the 3DS? The original DS had around 8 games in the series (not including the JP only releases) that were either remakes or spinoffs and the 3DS has 2 rhythm games. While i like both the Theatrhythm games i do want to see an actual FF RPG on the console sooner or later.

Maybe Bravely Default is taking it's place?

Around the Network
painmaster212 said:
When are they gonna put an Final Fantasy game on the handheld consoles? I could understand them not for the Vita due to the low install base (even though i feel like it would sell really good because of the catered audience) but why not the 3DS? The original DS had around 8 games in the series (not including the JP only releases) that were either remakes or spinoffs and the 3DS has 2 rhythm games. While i like both the Theatrhythm games i do want to see an actual FF RPG on the console sooner or later.

Ow yeah.. speaking about that:

Final Fantasy  Brave Exvius will be another full fledged JRPG with a “deep story and diverse characters.”  It will be directed by Brave Frontier producer Hisatoshi Hayakashi but despite the “Brave” in the name it won’t have anything in common with Hayakashi-san’s previous work, but will be firmly set in the Final Fantasy style.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Look at all those mediocre RPG's! It's only fitting that they are going to be released on IOS and android.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

NiKKoM said:
painmaster212 said:

Final Fantasy  Brave Exvius will be another full fledged JRPG with a “deep story and diverse characters.”  It will be directed by Brave Frontier producer Hisatoshi Hayakashi but despite the “Brave” in the name it won’t have anything in common with Hayakashi-san’s previous work, but will be firmly set in the Final Fantasy style.

Based off Brave Frontier, not Bravely Default.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
NiKKoM said:
painmaster212 said:

Based off Brave Frontier, not Bravely Default.

Even better! Brave Frontier is awesome.

All fantastic news in this thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

For the longest time now I always wanted there to be a Brave Frontier JRPG that is in the traditional style. Awesome awesome awesome. These guys make excellent sprites and their artwork is top notch.

Hype x1000.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

First one looks good, second is meh. Brave Frontier is already a bad rip off of PAD, which isn't a good game in the first place.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Brave Exivus looks nice, I enjoyed Brave Frontier for the short time I played it.
Might give the other game a chance too.
People in hear bitching make me laugh, if you dont want all these mobile games then murder everybody who is buying them or buy enough handheld games so devs stop considering mobile. Companies want to make money and their is money in the mobile market, especially in Japan.

painmaster212 said:

You should be happy with this though, its like a more traditional FF with a modern spin and they are new stories, characters, games etc. rather than remakes like 3 and 4 on DS. Plus FF Explorers is being made, its newest handheld spinoff.

Looks like you missed one

The franchise will also have a new free phone app titled Final Fantasy Portal. The app will allow fans to check the newest information about the franchise, and will also have the Final Fantasy VIII game Triple Triad available to play within the app. By registering their Square Enix ID and playing Triple Triad, players can receive points that they can exchange for digital contents. Triple Triad will have cards with illustrations from characters throughout the franchise's history, including Final Fantasy VII's Barrett, Final Fantasy VIII's Seifer and Rinoa, Final Fantasy IX's Princess Garnet, and Final Fantasy XII's Vaan and Balthier. The mini-game will also be able to share cards with the Final Fantasy XIV online game. The date of release for the app has not been announced.

www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-11-18/final-fantasy-franchise-gets-3-new-smartphone-apps-in-2015/.81160