By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted Games in Japan, Famitsu.

Materia-Blade said:
OttoniBastos said:
Nem said:

Yeah... there is something wrong with Xenoblade X not beeing in there. I think its simply wasnt a choice in the poll.

I know theres some american stuff on Xeno X, but it shouldnt be completely shutting off interest in the Japanese croud. It will probably sell more than many other titles in the list so its definitly bogus. There is no way the Japanese are super excited for FFXV, but not for Xeno X when they look so similar in aesthetics.

Off-topic question: Do japanese people see this girl(FF15) as a japanese girl? if yes, seriously? O.O

comparing worst possible image with pre render ins't fair AND doesn't change the fact that the games have similar aesthetics. just look at the worlds.

Plus I don't like realistic looking graphics. I want unique art styles! If I wanted to look at a human as they appear in real life I wouldn't be on a game.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Materia-Blade said:
OttoniBastos said:
Nem said:

Yeah... there is something wrong with Xenoblade X not beeing in there. I think its simply wasnt a choice in the poll.

I know theres some american stuff on Xeno X, but it shouldnt be completely shutting off interest in the Japanese croud. It will probably sell more than many other titles in the list so its definitly bogus. There is no way the Japanese are super excited for FFXV, but not for Xeno X when they look so similar in aesthetics.

Off-topic question: Do japanese people see this girl(FF15) as a japanese girl? if yes, seriously? O.O

comparing worst possible image with pre render ins't fair AND doesn't change the fact that the games have similar aesthetics. just look at the worlds.

Plus I don't like realistic looking graphics. I want unique art styles! If I wanted to look at a human as they appear in real life I wouldn't be on a game.

Then games like "Bayoneta 2+1" is not for you, or maybe the next Nintendo console will not even for you

Persona by a landslide. I think that's awesome.

Also, Derby Stallion Gold is a bit lower than I expected, though I do think it will climb as it gets closer to release.

Materia-Blade said:
VXIII said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
9 games in the Top 30 for PS4. Not bad, I think that's much better than last time. I can't remember the last list.

Things can only get better for the PS4 in Japan, it has no direct competition (XOne) and Nintendo demographic is vastly different.

Nintendo is a direct competitor that is doing better in japan.

I meant home consoles, where the experience one the Wii U is completely different that the PS4, they share no similarities. They appeal to a different audience.

VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

I meant home consoles, where the experience one the Wii U is completely different that the PS4, they share no similarities. They appeal to a different audience.

What do you think I'm talking about? nintendo is a direct competitor in the HOME CONSOLE department and it's doing better in japan.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

What do you think I'm talking about? nintendo is a direct competitor in the HOME CONSOLE department and it's doing better in japan.

Yes but they target different audiances mostly. Its like saying an NBA match and the new episode of Pokemon are direct competitors because they share a timeslot.

Also if we compare how long each have been out for its rather close and Nintendo has released most of its big hitters, Kart, 2D Mario, Fake 3D Mario, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, DK, Pikmin and soon Smash. Sony are yet to have FF, KH, RE, MGS, GTA, GT, Hot Shots, Tales of etc. All Nintendo really have left after this year is Mario Party which showed massive declines from 8 to 9, Animal Crossing and Zelda... if we still count that

Nice, Zelda up there.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Materia-Blade said:
VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

I have a reasoning behind my point, try to do that. Also, the Wii U isn't doing better in Japan. What are you talking about? They are nick to nick and the PS4 has been outselling it lately.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/media-create-sales-11314-11914-2

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/media-create-sales-102714-11214

ktay95 said:
Materia-Blade said:

Yes but they target different audiances mostly. Its like saying an NBA match and the new episode of Pokemon are direct competitors because they share a timeslot.

Also if we compare how long each have been out for its rather close and Nintendo has released most of its big hitters, Kart, 2D Mario, Fake 3D Mario, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, DK, Pikmin and soon Smash. Sony are yet to have FF, KH, RE, MGS, GTA, GT, Hot Shots, Tales of etc. All Nintendo really have left after this year is Mario Party which showed massive declines from 8 to 9, Animal Crossing and Zelda... if we still count that

you're calling wii fit, wii sports and pikmin big hitters? funny. only one of the games on your sony list actually belongs to sony. and nintendo has much more then what you mentioned. you didn't even mention xenoblade and star fox.

they are direct competitors, same audience.

VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

I have a reasoning behind my point, try to do that. Also, the Wii U isn't doing better in Japan. What are you talking about? They are nick to nick and the PS4 has been outselling it lately.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/media-create-sales-11314-11914-2

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/media-create-sales-102714-11214

"lately", ps4 had a few releases, wii u didn't. also, wii u was about to get a new bundle. ps4 is doing worse on aligned launches and weekly numbers are on par, a little worse, or a little better than wii u. but smash will skyrocket wii u numbers for the near future.