By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 just passed Xbox One on the Amazon Best Sellers List

thismeintiel said:
true_fan said:
mochachino said:

MCC, which is arguably the biggest xone release this year, didn't help at all either being broken and all.

So we just ignore the first 17 days of November when XB1 had 2, 3 skus ahead of ps4, becuase ps4 is 1 spot ahead on the hourly chart. Stop the presses.

17?  No, the XBO only had 2-3 SKUs ahead of the PS4 for like a week or week and a half.  The other two then started dropping off relatively quickly.  They now sit at #40 and #99, while the SO Bundle has dropped off the chart entirely.  I expect the Unity Bundle to continue to drop, as well, since it has been out awhile.

@ OP

While I expected this to happen, eventually, this thread is a little premature.  We should at least wait a day to see where things sit.  If the Unity Bundle does continue to drop, then that says a lot about the situation.  That what MS mostly accomplished was moving up sales a few weeks from when customers would have bought them for Black Friday and Xmas.  I fully expect PS4 to win Black Friday, as well, since it will be the first PS4 bundle with truly free games (one bundle for mature gamers and one for the family.)

And if Sony wins Nov, I don't expect MS to win any NPD from here on out.  Sure, next year they may have Halo 5, but Sony will have a $299-$349 PS4 to answer that.  There's no way MS can compete with that.

Um.. I am talking the MONTHLY numbers..     So yes. It is about 16 days if yesterday was the last update.. It is the CUMULATIVE postions for the month..  and one where the Sunset Overdrive bundle sits at #59..   IT IS NOT IN THE HOURLY RESULTS because it is SOLD OUT on AMAZON.. $461.99 by a third party is what is available for that bundle right now.. Amazon has been sold out of it for over a week or more..    The Sunset Bundle didnt drop.. it sold out.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

MS didn't come into the industry to be play second fiddle to Sony, they came to snuff them out.

Yes, but according to VGC "not reaching your goal" isn't called "failure" anymore. It's called "doing well".

They are doing well, but they don't care. MS will set their balls on fire just to beat Sony. (Of course thats just an metaphor for their motivation)

2008ProchargedGT said:

Yes, but according to VGC "not reaching your goal" isn't called "failure" anymore. It's called "doing well".

Marathon runners dont expect to finish a race in 1st place. They expect to finis strong and put forther thier best effort for the duration.

Sony's ten year plan tells you where their head is. They are the true marathon runner in the console business. Microsoft copied Sony's ten year plan even though they do not have the ability to match Sony's level of development for a decade. They have the money, but not the ability. They just like breathing down their neck.

shikamaru317 said:

It took 2 multiplat marketing deals (GTA V and Far Cry 4) as well as an exclusive (Little Big Planet 3) for PS4 to pass Xbox One, and even then it just barely passed it. Xbox One had a pretty big lead the last 2 weeks. Considering the kind of Black Friday deals Xbox One has there's a very strong chance it'll still take November NPD.

Sony still has 3 bundles that aren't even out, yet.  Can't wait to see people's reaction to Amazon charts when they finally do release. 

true_fan said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
true_fan said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
true_fan said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
true_fan said:

The only bias that I have is against hypocritical fans. I have no problem with playstation, my all time favorite game might be Socom 2. But, the hypocrisy this gen has been nauseating.

Dude YOU are being a hypocrite lol from your first post in this thread until this one ahaha.

Please enlighten me on a hypocritical statement I made, don't make blanket claims.

lol please stop. This is too easy.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
This in no way means PS4 has won NPD.

Of course not. But PS4 is selling more than XBO the closer now that we are getting closer to Black Friday. PS4 is moving up the chart, XBO is moving down. If this continues into Black Friday week, PS4 has a chance to win November. 

cpg716 said:
iTechHeads said:
cpg716 said:
Oh.. and this.. Xbox One has 5 consoles SKU's in the top 60 for NOVEMBER.. PS4 has just 2.. Xbox One has 3 SKUS in the top 46.. PS4 has JUST ONE.. So again.. no matter how you look it at.. no matter what happens the last 12 days of the month.. 17 days in.. Xbox One has handily outsold the PS4.. on AMAZON..

The XBO momentum from the price cut and bundles is dying down. I bet the PS4 will continue to stay in the lead for the rest of the month while XBO continues to drop. Also, Black Friday week matters way more than any other week in November. I'm betting PS4 will continue to lead on the charts the rest of the holidays and therefore sell the most on Black Friday week and possibly win the month.

Black Friday deals are putting X1 console bundles at $329..    all PS4 are $399 ..      So..  If price cuts gave the X1 the lead for early November, how would another $20 cut not help more?    It should be interesting, but I think the X1 might win Black Friday also..    

I don't think price is an issue for XB1. Pricing it a little lower isn't going to make sales spike again like it did earlier in the month. Its definitely possible for XB1 to take Black Friday week but we can't judge that on price alone. Just take a look at the charts right now, the $399 PS4 is ahead of the Unity XBO bundle at $350. Price alone does not determine the amount of sales. PS4 has a GTA V bundle on Black Friday. XBO doesn't. Just look how XBO got a bigger boost on COD week, expect something similar for the PS4.

It is too early to celebrate though. We'll see how things stand in a few days to make sure this isn't a fluke and XBO momentum really is dying down.

TeKKno said:
Gamz said:
TeKKno said:
Gamz said:
It's an hourly update? You are gonna feel silly when (if) Xbox is box on top in 45 min.

Not going to happen since the COD bundle fell after release and keeps falling.AC bundle will do the same.

And if it does?

It won't since it's already falling and I say plenty of them at stores right after release.

Well, as I said.  That was short lived!  LOL!  Xbox back on top.  http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12

XBO has passed the PS4 again. Looks like its too early to celebrate.
Let's wait until the gap is bigger in the hourly charts to make sure we don't look like fools next time :D

cpg716 said:
thismeintiel said:
true_fan said:

So we just ignore the first 17 days of November when XB1 had 2, 3 skus ahead of ps4, becuase ps4 is 1 spot ahead on the hourly chart. Stop the presses.

17?  No, the XBO only had 2-3 SKUs ahead of the PS4 for like a week or week and a half.  The other two then started dropping off relatively quickly.  They now sit at #40 and #99, while the SO Bundle has dropped off the chart entirely.  I expect the Unity Bundle to continue to drop, as well, since it has been out awhile.

@ OP

While I expected this to happen, eventually, this thread is a little premature.  We should at least wait a day to see where things sit.  If the Unity Bundle does continue to drop, then that says a lot about the situation.  That what MS mostly accomplished was moving up sales a few weeks from when customers would have bought them for Black Friday and Xmas.  I fully expect PS4 to win Black Friday, as well, since it will be the first PS4 bundle with truly free games (one bundle for mature gamers and one for the family.)

And if Sony wins Nov, I don't expect MS to win any NPD from here on out.  Sure, next year they may have Halo 5, but Sony will have a $299-$349 PS4 to answer that.  There's no way MS can compete with that.

Um.. I am talking the MONTHLY numbers..     So yes. It is about 16 days if yesterday was the last update.. It is the CUMULATIVE postions for the month..  and one where the Sunset Overdrive bundle sits at #59..   IT IS NOT IN THE HOURLY RESULTS because it is SOLD OUT on AMAZON.. $461.99 by a third party is what is available for that bundle right now.. Amazon has been sold out of it for over a week or more..    The Sunset Bundle didnt drop.. it sold out.

Those charts haven't been updated in awhile.  I've been following the hourly sales for a week or so now.  All the XBO bundles, minus the one Unity bundle, continue to drop.  The PS4 stays in the same area, however.  Even the Desitny Bundle has had more staying power in the hourly charts (it currently sits at #38, 2 spots above the 2nd XBO bundle in the charts.)  Sony also has 3 bundles releasing next week that aren't even on the charts, yet.  Guess how that's going to turn out?

iTechHeads said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Wow really? It's just an hour. Ps4 has been going up and down for days on there. It's been up to 12 them down to 16 then 15 them down to 16 again. At the rate Xbox has sold this month so far, it should be enough to win it the month at least. December however will protect go back to ps4.

Either way dude, seriously, get a life. It's just video games. Me personally I've got a Wii u, a ps4 and soon a Xbox one.

No, its not just an hour. XBO momentum is dying down and its going down in the charts. The XBO won't magicaly have  a dozen SKUs in top 20 again like it did earlier in the month. Price cut has taken affect. Call Of Duty has released. Expect PS4 to continue to top the charts these holidays. Your the XB1 got a boost in sales and it was temporary. PS4 didn't get a decrease in sales.....it had a boost too but a much smaller one. Things are going back to normal now that these big events have taken place.(COD/price cut)

Lol check the charts again fanboy. X1 just passed ps4 again. Told you it was JUST an hour. Man you were fast to make a thread over just an hour change. Now you look like a huge idiot. It's going to keep going up and down like this all month long. 

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer