By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X development updates thread - Metal Gear Rising designer working on the Dolls

Now this makes me want to buy Xenoblade for the Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

No duh. Of course it was a gonna be sci-fi.

OP updated

A few new tweets were added to the Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitter account earlier today. Director Tetsuya Takahashi shared an update on the game’s artists (which extends to the alien races) and script. For the new information, take a look at the summary below.
– Aside from Kunihiko Tanaka’s designs, the team has many other artists working on different types of designs
– Different alien races in the game
– Wants to really bring out the various unique characteristics in their cultures
– For the graphics in the game to be able to reflect the different cultures, they have different artists fleshing out the details in the design phase
– We’ve apparently seen one of the unannounced races on the early tease site from Monolith Soft
– The script isn’t written by Yuichiro Takeda alone
– Compared to Xenoblade, this time there’s a lot more text to handle
– Kazuho Hyodo (an anime script writer) was brought in to help with the workload
– Since he has much experience with sci-fi works, Takahashi is not worried
– Some design staff will be introduced next week

As promised, here are the details about the designer.

A few more updates hit the Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitter account today. Director Tetsuya Takahashi shared news about a pair of artists working on the game.
Siliconera provides the following translations:
“First up, Mr. Takayuki Yanase. He always manages to give shape to the exact image I communicate, so I have faith in him. For this game, too, he’s created some very cool Dolls (robots).”
“Then there’s Mr. Kouichi Mugitani. Xeno fans already know him, though. Naturally, I’ve asked for his help as a core member of the staff.”
For those wondering, Yanase has worked on Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Tenkai Knights, and Metal Gear Rising. On Rising, Yanase did mechanical designs.
Mugitani’s previous works include production designer on Xenosaga I, Xenosaga II, and Xenosaga III. He also provided character illustrations for Xenosaga III.