By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo will pay you for making a really well done Lets play now

OfficerRaichu15 said:

yeah pikmin 3 is annoying since I am trying to figure out how to get all the fruit first time in the area

halo 3 is because I suck at shooters

Halo is actually a franchise that also encourages speedrunning. There are some neat tricks here and there to save enormous time during chapters.

Around the Network
Wright said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

yeah pikmin 3 is annoying since I am trying to figure out how to get all the fruit first time in the area

halo 3 is because I suck at shooters

Halo is actually a franchise that also encourages speedrunning. There are some neat tricks here and there to save enormous time during chapters.

Yeah I am gonna do research to see what those tricks are

just thinking about it

I want to speed run uncharted 3 :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:

just thinking about it

That's a hard one, but mostly because there's not much to be done to save time except for being good and fast at killing and knowing what path should Drake follow under the chapter's circumstances.

Wright said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

just thinking about it

That's a hard one, but mostly because there's not much to be done to save time except for being good and fast at killing and knowing what path should Drake follow under the chapter's circumstances.

well im gonna try it

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago I used to like "Let's Plays". That was before every other gaming video was a let's play, and was also before the "Screaming and Shouting era" that we're currently in. Now I haven't watched a Let's Play in several years because yuck.

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:

well im gonna try it

Good luck!

This sounds good. I like watching LPs used to watch Chuggaconroy or however you spell it all the time and you could tell he put a ton of effort into his videos people like him deserve the money.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I watch one Let's Play, and they generally have good bits of humor and commentary and only do first couple hours of a game to give impressions. When ever they do special long haul sessions I get bored and think I'd rather be playing a game myself.

On Nintendo's stance I think more companies should understand how Let's Play behind quality games is great marketing. Shadow of Mordor was barely on my radar until watched a Let's Play and really appreciated the Nemesis System.

Wright said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I try to speedrun a couple games like halo 3, pikmin 3, other games with 3 in them...

The only game I've speedrunne'd was Braid, and because you're encouraged to do so.

I want to try with Dragon's Dogma one day, because that game also features a free-downloadable mode where you're encouraged to speedrun through the whole thing, too.

did you get the achievement/trophy?   i thought about it for a second and then thought to myself, "deary me, that sounds impossible".   still,. it has always annoyed me i don't have 100% on braid.

kitler53 said:

did you get the achievement/trophy?   i thought about it for a second and then thought to myself, "deary me, that sounds impossible".   still,. it has always annoyed me i don't have 100% on braid.

I have it. :)

Took me a few tries, but not giving up is the key. The worst part of the speedrunning is the last damn chapter before 1. The one where you have to use Tim's engagement ring to slowdown time.  Easily twenty unavoidable minutes are sunk there.