By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does 'nearly' 10 million shipped mean?

kowenicki said:
GotBoth said:

PS. I'm done with college and i spell things how I feel. wassup with that? no thread rules on spellin is it? again you disregard go points.  AGAIN where is your EVIDENCE like you were asking? I'll wait.... and do any quick google search "mm stands for million" and you'll see <----That is evidence sir.  What google search should I do to convince me as you are that Xbox is at 9.5mm or more shipped? ill wait...

USA is not the world.  ;P

Hey to keep with the thread.  What is the evidence that backs up your reasoning to Xbox shipped numbers being closer to your estimate than most other posters?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
GotBoth said:
kowenicki said:
GotBoth said:

PS. I'm done with college and i spell things how I feel. wassup with that? no thread rules on spellin is it? again you disregard go points.  AGAIN where is your EVIDENCE like you were asking? I'll wait.... and do any quick google search "mm stands for million" and you'll see <----That is evidence sir.  What google search should I do to convince me as you are that Xbox is at 9.5mm or more shipped? ill wait...

USA is not the world.  ;P

Hey to keep with the thread.  What is the evidence that backs up your reasoning to Xbox shipped numbers being closer to your estimate than most other posters?

Evidence for an estimate?  I already provided it.  Whats their evidence other than a wish?

7.5m shipped end of September and 1.5m sold through since (VGC) would mean at least 9m just to keep inventory.  Now seeing as they are ramping up for the holidays 9.5m plus is obvious.

If at 7.5mm shipped there were over 2 million on shelves. Sold through of 1.5 does not mean they added another 1.5 or 2mm consoles.  Plus IF Microsoft is no longer "near 10 million" and at it "by now" as you say they would have announced it.  Seems that you are the one wishing. 

Well this thread went viral again.

Retagging.

GotBoth said:

I google searched it and the 9.5mm or more shipped linked me to only this exact post.  Nobody else ever has enough proof but Kowenicki always has it all. XD

kowenicki said:

Not very wise.

...and it only laughable because you dont know what you are talking about.

Since the end of September they have sold through (according to VGC) over 1m consoles (likely 1.5m by the weekend just gone) and will have been stocking up for the coming holiday period.  its a certainty that they are on the cusp of 10m.  100% certainty.

PS. its million not millimetres.

You're a fuckin douche. 

omg ban me oh noeZzZZz Like I care lol. 

It's a good job really - Conegamer

Around the Network

good news for xbo, on the other hand a fanboy cried today, it was a good day.

It means we Microsoft will soon ship 10 million consoles to stores. Probably by the end of the year. Please Understand. Please buy our console.

Kowen, you work 24/7 in finance and don't know the notation on the biggest market in the world?

It would be like myself being an Brazilian engineer and saying someone doesn't know what he is talking about because in a project he used inches or foots. Nor US nor UK is the world and IS sets the standards for measures, what both countries do? They use royal and don't care? Will I say they are wrong because they use connotation I don't use in Brazil? Nope I have to know their conotation as well so I don't look like an iliterate in my field.
and USA may not be the world but you certainly aint the world as well.
using vgc to prove ms PR seems like something an user with less knowledge than you would do. And your opinion on this matter don't hold any more weight than others. And if you have no evidence just remember there is 95% of chance of you being wrong in 13 of 33 of the points you made.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GribbleGrunger said:
I love the fact that one company gives us a definite figure and some people question it but another company gives us ambiguous figures and the same people take the most optimistic estimate they can. Brilliant.

This. I really liked how Sony was to the point in Gamescom: "Over 10 million sold to consumers." Simple and concise.

Meanwhile, both Mendhi and Nelsen sounded very deliberate and cautious in their wording. "Soon", "will have", and "approaching"... it took me awhile for make out what they were trying to say. However, even now, we're all scatching our heads as to what their statements really mean hence why this thread was made.

It means that it's less than 10m, my guess would be somewhere between 9m and 10m. It also means that around two thirds of those shipments have resulted in units in people's homes, I think that you're probably looking at an installed userbase less than 6.5m. The Xbox One sales on here are overtracked imo.

Microsoft's silence on actual sales is speaking volumes to me personally.