By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XV World Map!!!

Can people tell me if this map is likely to be entirely explorable the same way the map would be in Far Cry or GTA?

So it won't be 20 areas that can be teleported to?

If it does end up being completely open world and populated with lots of things to do and explore this could be my first final fantasy game. I'm really not into the whole emo character scene but if the above turns out to be true and the combat is not turn based and more like fighting in god of war or something similar i'll get this. Maybe not at launched but the first decent discount.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Can people tell me if this map is likely to be entirely explorable the same way the map would be in Far Cry or GTA?

If it does end up being completely open world and populated with lots of things to do and explore this could be my first final fantasy game. I'm really not into the whole emo character scene but if the above turns out to be true and the combat is not turn based and more like fighting in god of war or something similar i'll get this. Maybe not at launched but the first decent discount.

Emo doesnt mean wearing black. Just thought I would point that out.

These 4 bros are hardly what anyone would call emo from what weve seen.

As for exploration we have been told its open world and you can drive or walk wherever you want (although Im sure there are some limitations).

ktay95 said:
Kerotan said:

Emo doesnt mean wearing black. Just thought I would point that out.

These 4 bros are hardly what anyone would call emo from what weve seen.

As for exploration we have been told its open world and you can drive or walk wherever you want (although Im sure there are some limitations).

i don't know the politically correct word but you know the type of people i mean. nothing wrong with anyone like that just not my taste. Similar to some people wouldn't like games with pumped up marines. 

Kerotan said:

i don't know the politically correct word but you know the type of people i mean. nothing wrong with anyone like that just not my taste. Similar to some people wouldn't like games with pumped up marines. 

Oh so you just dont like the teen/young adult pretty boy androgynous look like most FF games have??

Examples.

Kerotan said:
ktay95 said:

Final Fantasy characters are well fit into the universe of the franchise, the characters are likable when you understand the whole context of the world. FF always try to tell a deep story and explore the inner conflict of the characters.

Even though I dislike generic character designs like bald marines, I never had issues liking the characters if the story was well written and the world well built.

An open mind

Around the Network

An example. Why do XV all the characters wear black?
Well, they all come from a kingdom that is isolated and more advanced than the outer world, they share one culture that is different than the others, their similarities reflect that. It is also why they (and their can) feel out of place in the wild world.

Understanding the context is important, people who don't will complain about something like "no diversity".

Look I have an open mind and just don't like those type of styles. Nobody likes every type of person in the world and the typical FF is one of the ones I dislike. Either way if this turns out to be an epic open world game that is fun to explore it will prob be my first ever FF.

BraLoD said:
bigtakilla said:
BraLoD said:

I love this game so much xD

And the fact I see it on FF 15 makes me so hyped... damn, here I go getting hyped again... come on already FF 15!

I wish it would go back to a XII setting. The judges were badasses.

Agreed, I wanted to beat them as soon as I saw them XD

I remember they don't being too hard to beat, but their armors were so freakingly amazing, I wanted to steal and use it myself

Ive always wanted this but it cost over $1000 when it was released iirc

BraLoD said:
ktay95 said:
Kerotan said:

ow can someone dislike them? They look really good xD

I remember someone saying Noctis looks too much like Sasuke... but what's wrong with it? Sasuke also looks so cool xD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Versus XIII was announced before the airing of the first season of Naruto ( in which Sasuke was still a kid and the design was different)  

BraLoD said:
VXIII said:
BraLoD said:

ow can someone dislike them? They look really good xD

I remember someone saying Noctis looks too much like Sasuke... but what's wrong with it? Sasuke also looks so cool xD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Versus XIII was announced before the airing of the first season of Naruto ( in which Sasuke was still a kid and the design was different)  

As Sasuke was cool since 1999... yup, you are wrong XD

I don't remember when Shippuuden actually started (nor the manga or the anime), but I'm pretty sure it was way before Versus 13 too.

But Noctis is already an old bastard indeed

Ah yes, Naruto is old. It is the anime of Naruto Shippuuden that was started in 2007 according to Wikipedia.