By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XV World Map!!!

Vincoletto said:
Never played FFXII. Actually I played them all untill X-2.
When XII was released I was working a lot, and was more into PC games because of higher resolution.
EVen never playing it I'm pretty sure it is great because of the team behind it (vagrant story, ff tactics, etc).
Still waiting for an HD verion to play it.
FF XIII on the other hand, I bought, played for 1 hour and hope will never get back to it again.

The first hour of the game is pretty slow. Hell, I'd say the first 2 or 3 hours are weak because all you can do is Attack. It's not until you kill the first boss that the actual battle system opens up to you, so I can understand people's poor first impressions.

Around the Network
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
bigtakilla said:
bigtakilla said:
So then let's continue on to look at what songs were used for promotion, to set the tone of the game.

SUCKS!!! As shallow and lifeless as the game is, this song still seems out of place with the visuals.

A great mix of songs. It's the entire tone of what the game was going for.

Keep in mind everything I write about the songs are my personal opinion so everyone please don't get all upset and say that's not a fact, blah, blah, blah.

Promotion videos, lol.  So..no complaints or back talk to the other 56 songs then?  Well, that's not going to hold up in court.  2-3 out of 59 were not great so the whole thing must be falling apart at the seams.  Oh no!  We have to run back to the shire and revive Girugamesh!

You're talking about 56 background songs and I'm showing you the songs that are put in the forefront of the game, lol. Of course you can't say anything about those. 

If you think the jpop songs from XIII holds a candle to X's soundtrack more power to you :)

I personally prefer songs like this.

Different strokes though.

Most of the songs in FFX are background songs as well.  What kind of music do you think plays whenever you're going from area to area? 

But you can go on and keep pretending that this:

is jpop. As for the rest of us, I think most of us can agree to liking badass melodic themes.  I don't even like Snow one bit, but I would never deny this song being a cut above most, including most FF songs (since most of them are background music :P).  I would prefer Auron to have this theme rather than the one he does have.

I like Snowe's theme, better than Auron's though... The point is the soundtrack may be pretty even until you get to those crappy songs, unfortunately there are several crappy songs that push X's soundtrack far and above XIII's.

The Final Fantasy cycle continues.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Basically anything after FFX is a piece of junk, specifically those horrible 13 games in terms of everythang but world map being the biggest culprit.

XV really looks like the bar is raising to the next level in many ways, didn't know any of this news about the details until now, crazy how many improvements seem to have been made.

Leshain said:
Basically anything after FFIX is a piece of junk, specifically those horrible 13 games in terms of everythang but world map being the biggest culprit.

XV really looks like the bar is raising to the next level in many ways, didn't know any of this news about the details until now, crazy how many improvements seem to have been made.

Fixed.

Go, Flash Fire Arcanine!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
VXIII said:
sc94597 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
This game is going to be one of the most amazing achievements in gaming history.

I'll have to take at least a week off when it releases.

I am excited for the game, but in what way does the bolded fit? It looks like an excellent game, but certainly nothing that doesn't already exist (I guess it is unique for a JRPG.) 

Well, he is way to excited for sure. But I'd the interaction with the party members is something that seems to be an achievement both in gameplay (through utlizing the gambet system and depending on situation) and as story telling element (In one situation, a character was injured the other was helping him standing, while other character defending them and the last is cowardly running away...so much characterisation)

Also, the interaction with the environment elements in battle not only as finishing moves, but as strategic reactions to what's going on( through warping). Even if we talk about the others system that already exist, it is the combination of everything that could be unique enough to be considered an achievement.

"I was an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee"

Why do I say that?  Because if this map and all developer talk is to be believe and the very genre of the game is taken into account this should occupy me fora  good 60-100 hours.

That one video where they drove the car out and then went running out into the wild is a good example.  Go and watch it.  I only watched it once and before it was even done I was already cringing and super annoyed by the bending over and panting of his companions when they stopped running.  Every freaking time he stopped running there would be one or two that would bend or and pant the same as they did before.  I got annoyed by it in that just short demo video.  

So those characterisations you list better be a very very very large list of unique things or we are going to have our "arrows to the knee" every 10 seconds in this game.  It looses its neatness when you see your copmanions run away like a little bitch for the 1000th time.  Sometimes less is more.  Just having them follow you around like in FF13 or xenoblade.  or most other jrpgs i guess.  They may not do these neat new things that bring characterization, but also they don't end up annoying us by seeing the same animation for the 1000'th time.  

Hahaha wow..after reading posts in this thread I realized my taste must be really quirky.

My favorite Final Fantasy games are VIII and XII. I tried the others (IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X) but got bored along the way.

okay...

But what about these: 

Chocobos of Pulse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwAN90MKTo

Dust to Dust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Dgj83Q-50

Eden under Siege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5ZAuqobcs

Desperate Struggle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBFn5ewqjPc

Snow's Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FaZQoZf4OY

Saber's Edge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbDT4BTOkTc

Archylte Steppe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4wizrUEmc

Really, dude. I like FFX's soundtrack alot, but FFXIII seems to be about equal overall with FFX.

The Zanakarnd variety tracks are great and Seymour's theme is the best boss battle music out of both games, but the regular boss battle music of FFXIII is definitely better than FFX's.  There are many area themes that are of equal or better quality in FFXIII as well. 

Then FFVII & IX soundtracks makes both look like amateur hour but *whistles*

KhinRunite said:
Hahaha wow..after reading posts in this thread I realized my taste must be really quirky.

My favorite Final Fantasy games are VIII and XII. I tried the others (IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X) but got bored along the way.

Never got to play 12, but 8 was probably my favorite.  

I think it might be because it was basically my first game.  Played 4 and 3 on the DS when they came out.  Loved 4, hated 3.  Played 7 on the PC at some point, and hated it.  Loved 9.  10 was great, though i think the blitzball made me love it more than the story.  13 was horrible.

Haven't played 1, 2, 5, 6 or the MMO's.  Also haven't played any of the x-2, 13-2, crisis core, ect.  you know the sequals, spinoffs.  

irstupid said:
VXIII said:

Well, he is way to excited for sure. But I'd the interaction with the party members is something that seems to be an achievement both in gameplay (through utlizing the gambet system and depending on situation) and as story telling element (In one situation, a character was injured the other was helping him standing, while other character defending them and the last is cowardly running away...so much characterisation)

Also, the interaction with the environment elements in battle not only as finishing moves, but as strategic reactions to what's going on( through warping). Even if we talk about the others system that already exist, it is the combination of everything that could be unique enough to be considered an achievement.

"I was an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee"

Why do I say that?  Because if this map and all developer talk is to be believe and the very genre of the game is taken into account this should occupy me fora  good 60-100 hours.

That one video where they drove the car out and then went running out into the wild is a good example.  Go and watch it.  I only watched it once and before it was even done I was already cringing and super annoyed by the bending over and panting of his companions when they stopped running.  Every freaking time he stopped running there would be one or two that would bend or and pant the same as they did before.  I got annoyed by it in that just short demo video.  

So those characterisations you list better be a very very very large list of unique things or we are going to have our "arrows to the knee" every 10 seconds in this game.  It looses its neatness when you see your copmanions run away like a little bitch for the 1000th time.  Sometimes less is more.  Just having them follow you around like in FF13 or xenoblade.  or most other jrpgs i guess.  They may not do these neat new things that bring characterization, but also they don't end up annoying us by seeing the same animation for the 1000'th time.  

Well, I certainly don't understand why would it be annoying, but I see your point. It would definitely lose its uniqueness overtime. But my take on characteristics as when they interact with each other in different situations. Like when when you have low HP and they are nearby, or like when a big enemy perform a heavy attacks and it is too late to dodge, a third exapmle is when everyone was timing their attack of the giant enemy ( all examples were shown in previous trailers ) I can't see these examples being repetitive like the one you have mentioned.

It also has its effect on the battle. The point is that the party management makes a difference in gameplay, it has its own management system. That is something, if done right, is indeed a great achievement.