By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall Should Stay Xbox One Console Exclusive

Except it's not Xbox One exclusive, it has a solid PC following too. Not to mention, it didn't do nearly as well as MS planned, so I doubt it's worth their money to keep it exclusive.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Captain_Tom said:
Jazz2K said:

Why of course. I'm not pointing you am I? There are a lot of X1 fan that didn't like the game either, no game pleases to everyone.

Well I mean you said "Sony fans" and of all my friends who own a PS4 only one bought it for PC (We are all capable of running it on our PC's).  None of us wrote it off and we all gave it a try.  So yeah my point is that this game was given a fair chance by plenty of people, but it just flat out isn't that original.

It's ok if it's not your thing but don't act like the game was free of unnecessary criticism.

I guess I missed it.  It got an 86 on metacritic.  What criticism are you talking about?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You know that you're not disagreeing with me, right?

I am correcting you. You're welcome.

I know, that was Sony's doing. If fans want it, then the second game will come to the PS4.

^ Translation in case you didn't understand the way I typed it: Its Sony's fault as to why Titanfall was exclusive to the Xbox One. If Sony fans want it then Sony will have the game come over to the PS4 just like EA said.

In retrospect, it STILL wasn't in disgreement with you.

Nah your post was easily understood, was just wrong. There's not much of anything Sony could have done to bring the game to PS4. You're making t seem as if it was there if Sony wanted it. Not the case.

Why do you guys give toastboy the time of day? He's the weakest troll I've seen and I've seen Rosie O'Donnell in person.

1) i really dont care about the game, so if goes multiplat or stays exclusive wont affect me

2) to many shooters on Xbox (the console is already know for its dude bro shooter games) the exclusive ones and how hard xbox promotes COD, so i rather see MS use that money to make different IPs in new genres of games, (heck now that i thinks about it even Sunset Overdrive can qualify as a shooter)

3) knowing how well games are gonna sell on the PS4 EA, will more than likely take it to the PS4 unless they ask for a big paycheck from MS... but knowing MS they will likely pay it instead of using the money to fund actual first party studios...

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I know, that was Sony's doing. If fans want it, then the second game will come to the PS4.

^ Translation in case you didn't understand the way I typed it: Its Sony's fault as to why Titanfall was exclusive to the Xbox One. If Sony fans want it then Sony will have the game come over to the PS4 just like EA said.

In retrospect, it STILL wasn't in disgreement with you.

Nah your post was easily understood, was just wrong. There's not much of anything Sony could have done to bring the game to PS4. You're making t seem as if it was there if Sony wanted it. Not the case.

Yeah....you definitely misunderstood it....twice.

I never made anything seem as if Sony wanted it. I placed the blame on them for not getting Titanfall and stated EA said if the fans demand it Sony will most likely follow through. This is pointless and I'm finished. Don't bother responding. Seriously, I know where I am coming from and I tried twice to get you to understand that I'm not disagreeing with you. If you feel like continuing on its all for nothing. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I never made anything seem as if Sony wanted it. I placed the blame on them for not getting Titanfall and stated EA said if the fans demand it Sony will most likely follow through. This is pointless and I'm finished. Don't bother responding. Seriously, I know where I am coming from and I tried twice to get you to understand that I'm not disagreeing with you. If you feel like continuing on its all for nothing. 

You're saying it's Sony's fault the game never came to PS4. You're wrong. Allow me to plug The Final Hours of Titanfall, it's a great read. And would prevent you from making mistakes like this about Titanfall in the future.

There's not much of anything Sony could have done to bring Titanfall to PS4. Of course the sequel will come, why wouldn't it? Even a no brainer like that, you're making it out to seem like Sony is being so charitable "giving the fans what they want". It's just a 3rd party release.

Maybe you are confusing Titanfall with Sunset Overdrive. There is a quality 3rd party game that Sony definitely could have done more to secure.

Captain_Tom said:
Jazz2K said:

It's ok if it's not your thing but don't act like the game was free of unnecessary criticism.

I guess I missed it.  It got an 86 on metacritic.  What criticism are you talking about?

It got an 86 and it deserved it. The criticism wasn't deserved though. You can use the search and look for titanfall threads if you want. I'm not digging on those old threads. Eventhough the port beg was intense the game was laughed at for it's resolution, for being only 6vs6, because it uses the cloud for AI, because the graphics weren't on par with games like Killzone, because it had framerate dips and so on. I understand it released when X1 was ridiculed like no other, but still the game is good. Hope TF2 improves from the first game and if it comes to PS then it's a good thing. I just can't digest the constant hate it suffered from.

LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You're saying it's Sony's fault the game never came to PS4. You're wrong. Allow me to plug The Final Hours of Titanfall, it's a great read. And would prevent you from making mistakes like this about Titanfall in the future.

There's not much of anything Sony could have done to bring Titanfall to PS4. Of course the sequel will come, why wouldn't it? Even a no brainer like that, you're making it out to seem like Sony is being so charitable "giving the fans what they want". It's just a 3rd party release.

Maybe you are confusing Titanfall with Sunset Overdrive. There is a quality 3rd party game that Sony definitely could have done more to secure.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-17-sony-wanted-a-playstation-vita-version-of-titanfall

No. Sony was offered Titanfall on the PS4 and refused because they wanted it to be on the Vita. They lost their chance. This isn't the first time this gen Sony has turned down something from EA and Microsoft got exclusivity to it. Because Sony co-develops with third party all the time they even stated they would help co- develop Titanfall in tandem with Respawn for the Vita.

Neither Sunset Overdrive nor Titanfall were initially to be exclusive to the Xbox. Sony dropped the ball on both. They were offered and Sony wanted things done their way and missed out. If Sunset Overdrive was published by Sony it would never have seen the light of day on the Xbox One. Its just like the KInect...if Sony would've used it MS would never have had a petipheral to save them from Sony's advances in 2010 when they launched it.

By that logic, wouldn't it be better if Rise of Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear stayed as PS exclusives? /s

More games for more people is a good thing! Do PlayStation owners not deserve to enjoy Titanfall? What did they do wrong?

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens