By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1: Out Now [Official thread]

Tagged games:

Ughh, I completely forgot it comes out today. Now I have to wait till the end of the day to play it :/ .

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Just for the record my thread was first.

Looks like they finally fixed the VR system. I approve.

As for the maps and vehicles, they are all excellent and well worth the price.

That's how you do DLC. I'm impressed. Mute City felt like a timewarp into good ol' F-Zero days in HD remaster. All new tracks are very well polished. And what really made :3 : rupees in Hyrule Castle (both on track and the item), Dekuranhas instead of Piranhaplants. Awesome.

Not to mention Eponator sounds pure awesome (thanks for this one NoE).

NNID: setialpha

Do you still have mirror mode on the new tracks or do you have to beat them on 150cc as well?

Tried to try it this morning before I left for classes (10am EST) and couldn't. I preordered a while ago but alas I must wait till 5:30 when my classes are over :(

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Oh crap! Gonna check this out now. Later.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

fedfed said:
I cannot wait to play this... i saw my WiiU flashing all night... i hope it was downloading this!

I did too lol cant wait to get off work x.x

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I've played the DLC tracks once thus far and I really liked the Excitebike, F-Zero and Zelda tracks. The retro ones we knew what to expect. The dragon one was good but the ice cavern one was underwhelming. A very good set of content overall - the 8 new tracks don't feel rushed or lacking in detail, if anything their average quality is better than the original 32. The new characters and karts are nice also, and I'm looking forward to taking it online where hopefully most people have the DLC so we can get the DLC tracks in the mix!

I'd hope that it tries to matchmake people who have the DLC together but I bet it doesn't.

Cream147 said:
I've played the DLC tracks once thus far and I really liked the Excitebike, F-Zero and Zelda tracks. The retro ones we knew what to expect. The dragon one was good but the ice cavern one was underwhelming. A very good set of content overall - the 8 new tracks don't feel rushed or lacking in detail, if anything their average quality is better than the original 32. The new characters and karts are nice also, and I'm looking forward to taking it online where hopefully most people have the DLC so we can get the DLC tracks in the mix!

I'd hope that it tries to matchmake people who have the DLC together but I bet it doesn't.

It does, if you choose to include the new stages.

Downloading right now... can't wait :D