By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1: Out Now [Official thread]

Tagged games:

Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Just for the record my thread was first.

I knew someone would try to use that against me! What I said is true though, however this thread was posted in the correct section and has more responses, so we'll just use this one.

Around the Network

B-Dasher + Tanooki Mario + Yoshi Circuit = tears of joy from my youngest offspring. :)

aproved!
yoshi circuit was my favorite MKDD circuit due its curves that are satisfying to contour.
excitebike, ok
dragon, loved it.
mute city, perfect adaptation. earn coins by passing in blue zones!, it seems the fastest track!
good gold mine adaptation
rainbow road, ok
ice track is very good. you can change the green and yellow side tracks, very interesting
Zeldas is delicious! rupies, dekuranhas, bats, even the sounds are adapted from zelda! Also, a very interesting element , if you hit the 3 bumpers, the shorcut will show up. So it gives advantage for who is behind(cos there is more chance of opening the shortcut), but if you are good enough and are in first, you get the shortcut! i love it!
And all for a very cheap price!
Best DLC ever!

i cant wait for the other 8 tracks!

SHAUDDUP!!!! I can't play right now!!! Looking at the Link DLC portion of things it came to my mind that a Smash Kart would be a no brainer. Considering that the amount of retro stages is getting scarce, doing a Smash Kart would extend this series so far.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Cream147 said:
I've played the DLC tracks once thus far and I really liked the Excitebike, F-Zero and Zelda tracks. The retro ones we knew what to expect. The dragon one was good but the ice cavern one was underwhelming. A very good set of content overall - the 8 new tracks don't feel rushed or lacking in detail, if anything their average quality is better than the original 32. The new characters and karts are nice also, and I'm looking forward to taking it online where hopefully most people have the DLC so we can get the DLC tracks in the mix!

I'd hope that it tries to matchmake people who have the DLC together but I bet it doesn't.

It does, if you choose to include the new stages.

Well sometimes Nintendo surprise me by actually doing something logical with their online play!

Around the Network
Cream147 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Cream147 said:
I've played the DLC tracks once thus far and I really liked the Excitebike, F-Zero and Zelda tracks. The retro ones we knew what to expect. The dragon one was good but the ice cavern one was underwhelming. A very good set of content overall - the 8 new tracks don't feel rushed or lacking in detail, if anything their average quality is better than the original 32. The new characters and karts are nice also, and I'm looking forward to taking it online where hopefully most people have the DLC so we can get the DLC tracks in the mix!

I'd hope that it tries to matchmake people who have the DLC together but I bet it doesn't.

It does, if you choose to include the new stages.

Well sometimes Nintendo surprise me by actually doing something logical with their online play!

You can toggle between 32 tracks or 40 tracks. So if you choose 40 tracks, you'll only be racing against those who also have the DLC. Most of the time, the random track selections you can vote for include two existing tracks and 1 DLC track. This morning just about everyone was voting for the DLC tracks, and almost everyone was Link.

Hedra42 said:

You can toggle between 32 tracks or 40 tracks. So if you choose 40 tracks, you'll only be racing against those who also have the DLC. Most of the time, the random track selections you can vote for include two existing tracks and 1 DLC track. This morning just about everyone was voting for the DLC tracks, and almost everyone was Link.

Haha, well of course. That will die down in time as happened with the Mercedes cars and coloured Yoshis.

Does anyone else feel like there's something just a little....off about Link? Don't get me wrong, I think this DLC is great, but there are a few things that seem odd about Link. First off, his whole body seems scrunched. Maybe it's just because they needed to get him to fit in the karts? Idk it just seems like it's adult Link the size of child Link. Also, his voice seems kind of weird. It seems like someone impersonating the Link voice, and not the actual voice itself. Idk maybe it's just me but these were a few things I noticed.

Hedra42 said:

I'm in love with the Dragon Driftway at the moment...

Same here, I love the visual style and the twisting curves.

Finally played all the tracks! I love all the tracks and I can't really pick a favorite from all of them right now.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54