By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Facts aren't copyrightable. Only novel presentation or arrangement of facts are.

So no, you can't claim copyright on compiled statistics such as sales data.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Lol the irony of a leaker wanting to keep their leaks private.

LOL. Never thought of that. That is very ironic.

chocoloco said:
The funny thing about all this is before aquamarine started this secretly trying to hide the data, no one was really talking about him or her on here. Now people are actually talking about the individual leakers here because he strangely thought there are not tons of vgc members also on GAF.

It's the opposite actually,He/She always knew that there was a lot of vgcharts members on GAF.

He/She Actually said that sometimes(i remember her/him asking for people to give him/her credits here for the numbers)

The true is,he/she was trying to cockblock us cause they think neogaf is a secret "fight club".

No Vita Sales? No PS TV Sales? WHHHYYYYYY???? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY??? I was waiting so long for them...

OttoniBastos said:
chocoloco said:
The funny thing about all this is before aquamarine started this secretly trying to hide the data, no one was really talking about him or her on here. Now people are actually talking about the individual leakers here because he strangely thought there are not tons of vgc members also on GAF.

It's the opposite actually,He/She always knew that there was a lot of vgcharts members on GAF.

He/She Actually said that sometimes(i remember her/him asking for people to give him/her credits here for the numbers)

The true is,he/she was trying to cockblock us cause they think neogaf is a secret "fight club".

If you know tons of vgc members are also GAF members interested in sales data, why would you attempt to hide info in a way that everyone can see? The logic is incredibly faulty. I agree that some people on there have a disdain for this website and make it very clear. The thing is you cannot even attempt to strongly defend this site at all there because you never know if it will cause  a ban.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
OttoniBastos said:
chocoloco said:

If you know tons of vgc members are also GAF members interested in sales data, why would you attempt to hide info in a way that everyone can see? The logic is incredibly faulty. I agree that some people on there have a disdain for this website and make it very clear. The thing is you cannot even attempt to strongly defend this site at all there because you never know if it will cause  a ban. 

Because most Vgchartz users that check GAF for numbers are "Newbs" or "neofags" whatever....

We didn't knew about email tags until a mod mentioned.Then i went to google and it was easy to figure out.I asked someone with neogaf account to check aquamarines's posts and the numbers were there

OttoniBastos said:
chocoloco said:

Because most Vgchartz users that check GAF for numbers are "Newbs" or "neofags" whatever....

We didn't knew about email tags until a mod mentioned.Then i went to google and it was easy to figure out.I asked someone with neogaf account to check aquamarines's posts and the numbers were there

I figured it out by myself though lol. It's a bit obvious when almost every post has one random letter bolded

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

thismeintiel said:
Ninsect said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Can you allude to the removed information without giving exactly what it was away?

LTD numbers for current gen consoles and cumulative gap between PS4 and XB1 (it's now ~1.1m) in a graph. Also a list with sales in first 12 months on the market for all major consoles (PS4 was second, 200k behind Wii and 700k above PS2).

Damn, PS4 truly is a beast.

DonFerrari said:

The leaker is already out of compliance of his NDA and don't care about the rights and concerns of the company to which he signed, so why should we care about him?

So true.

quite the thing to demand right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:
Torillian said:
Aqua believes that having the numbers in plain site (numbers posted in the topic title, OP) on a large public site like this is making NPD take notice and they're cracking down on leaks because of it. She believes that VGC is the starting point where these things leak across the internet at large and that's something she has to try and avoid if she wants to keep her access to the NPD numbers and give some people the ability to discuss them then she has to stay at least somewhat under the radar. As it is this is likely the last time we'll get leaks on NPD numbers from that particular source.

That's what I figured. Perhaps the mods can figure out a way to make these topics more 'private' to the views of un-registered members? Like only allow members with a certain amount of posts to view and reply to these topics?

Also, I see a lot of people ignoring what you just said and instead discussing it as if this is an ego thing for Aqua.
While that may have been a factor at some point or other, it doesn't mean that Aqua's primary concern right now isn't what you mentioned.
Would be nice of more members here could read/notice what you wrote, to understand what's going on.

I have np simpathy to someone who breechs his contract for internet fame and complain of the notorities.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Hiku said:
Talal said:
jlmurph2 said:
Lol the irony of a leaker wanting to keep their leaks private.

LOL. Never thought of that. That is very ironic.

You can look at it like how someone leaks the full version of a game for pirates to download.
They make it available, but don't want it getting so much attention that they'll get a letter from the developers lawyers.

If you are doing somethimg ilegal and have fear of the consequences them perhaps you shouldn't do the ilegal not complain of people exposing you.