By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Xevross said:
drake_tolu said:

6 SEP 40,000
13 SEP 100,000
20 SEP 54,000
27 SEP 48,000
4 OCT 42,000

And this month:

11 OCT 38,000
18 OCT 36,000
25 OCT 34,000
1 NOVE 60,000

Humm...

My prediction for November are for now:

8 NOVE 180,000
15 NOVE 180,000
22 NOVE 150,000
29 NOVE 400,000

Yeap, those numbers seem very plausible, except I'd expect BF week to be much bigger

BF week is about 60% of the whole month.
So yes, should be bigger. Or the other smaller

Around the Network
Xevross said:
drake_tolu said:
I don't see XO to sell 1M this November...

I think both consoles might just scrape 1m

IMO it really depends how much consoles are in stocks. Just look how hot the PS4 has been and still is at $400 without a game, now imagine the PS4 sales with free GTA V and TLoU or Lego Batman 3 and LBP3...

poklane said:
Xevross said:
drake_tolu said:

IMO it really depends how much consoles are in stocks. Just look how hot the PS4 has been and still is at $400 without a game, now imagine the PS4 sales with free GTA V and TLoU or Lego Batman 3 and LBP3...

Yeah I'm expecting Sony to stuff the stores with the bundles. Its very much up to them how well PS4 sells in the US this holiday

NewGuy said:

I think some Gaffers are hilarious and think they're in a "fight club" type of secret group.

Steve Youngblood - one of the few level headed mods there - said it best. That email tag crap won't work and will actually disrupt the flow of discussion. The numbers are ALREADY here. If I were a member, I would actually post the numbers regularly out of spite for that practice. It looks silly and childish to be honest. Heck, in the future ANYONE here that has a gaf account but is hesitant to post, PM me and I'll post the numbers. Or copy and paste what she said and I'll post it verbatim. 

That method and technique (email tags) won't work. She tried to ban herself so she would only post days later, that didn't work either. 

Here's an idea for aqua and company:

If you want to post numbers AND have an exclusive, elitist discussion about them, open up a google hangout group chat or a PM group chat on neogaf (I think those type of forums allow up to 10 people on a PM) and discuss away. Otherwise, don't post the numbers and keep to yourself like the dude with the ET avatar and John Harker.

I know aqua wants us to go to neogaf and discuss it there, but I'm not willing to give out my work email or old school email to Tyler and they won't accept gmail or other types of accounts, so it's a no go for me to join.

OT, that's a huge discrepancy between the PS4 and XBO. It's no wonder MS is being ultra aggressive this holiday season. WiiU is higher than I thought it would be.

Also Abdiel's post makes me question if XBO will really be number 1 in November. I still think it'll be, but probably closer than I thought.

Welfare said:
Really Ninsect? You had to do that? Without Aqua, we wouldn't even have those numbers. You even posted the graph she said not to disclose. Way to be a massive dick.

As GAF loves to say it, information on the internet is public. Ninsect did nothing wrong. If she wants it to be private, don't post it online.

Torillian said:
Alright guys, mod team has decided we're going to try and respect the wishes of the leaker so we can get information in the future and they don't have to worry about getting in trouble. Don't post the numbers in threads, you can PM one another about it if you like but public discussion is discouraged.

That goes against everything this site stands for. We shouldn't have to PM to have an open, freeflowing discussion. If they want to hide their numbers, they should do that. Sorry this makes no sense. If it's not here, it'll be on gamefaqs or another forum. She posted it online on a public forum, she has to deal with it and go to a private chat, not the other way around. Beyonce asked people to take her ugly SB pic off the net, how did that work out
?

Agreed.  This whole GAF verus the internet is ridiculous.

Xevross said:
poklane said:
Xevross said:
drake_tolu said:

Yeah I'm expecting Sony to stuff the stores with the bundles. Its very much up to them how well PS4 sells in the US this holiday

If they really wait until BF for this bundles and don't sell them at the release date of the game itself, they have to stuff. Badly!
Otherwise it would be a total waste. 500K (350/150 or 400/100 breakdown) Bundles for North America including CA and Mexico don't look to far fetched

Around the Network

So the gap was increased by another 100k (just in the US) 

I'm sure we'll see it soon ...

The PS5 Exists. 

For comparation with 360

October November
2006 220K 511K
2007 366K 770K
2008 371K 863K
2009 250K 819K
2010 325K 1.37M
2011 393K 1.68M
2012 270K 1.26M

For break 1M XBOX ONE must have +500% boost, when XBOX 360 was maximum 300% to 350% boost, and only after 3-4 year...

Torillian said:
You guys are correct, there's no rule against this, so if you want to ignore what the poor poster on Gaf is trying to do then I won't stop you. I've edited things out so that you guys could give this a think and decide if you want to earn the ire of another forum instead of being hated without reason. Enjoy your numbers for a month.

I understand what she's trying to do. I even sympathize with her. I also understand that the internet is an open source of information and information on the web will not be hidden. You cannot truly hide something you post online. The burden of protecting the data is on the leaker (Aquamarine). Other insiders there do not leak data, she does. Others leak cryptically. She has the option of doing group PMs, not posting, posting cryptic messages, posting messages, whatever. Just know that whatever is posted will be out on the net. Neogaf is not an NSA intranet site. Posts there, hidden or not, will get out.

Conegamer said:

Whilst I'm not sure about the practice of "disguising" the numbers in this way, what I do know is that these numbers are confidential and were asked not to be shared. Is that the right thing to do? Perhaps not. However the graph which was posted in particular is quite a clear violation of Rule 15 on this site. Read up on it if you'd like.

As Tor said however there's no well-defined rule about this, nor am I pleased with how the numbers were displayed in the first place. However a little courtesy would be appreciated for the longevity of the leaks; else soon enough we'll get nothing at all because people couldn't be discrete for a month. 

So I guess it's your call, really. We've made our decision and standpoint clear, now it's up to you whether or not you wish to respect that or not.

Could you kindly point me to that rule? I glanced through the TOS and did not find it:

http://www.vgchartz.com/terms-of-use.php

I will NOT respect her wishes for us to not share the numbers here and have a discussion here. That should NOT be a bannable offense on this site that stands for sale and open discussion anyways. If she, or anyone there, posts it online, let me know and I'll post it here. Neogaf does not hate VGC because of the forums, they hate us because ioi used to be a member there and got permabanned for promoting VGC. Furthermore, a lot of the numbers here are off and look especially bad when company X releases sales data. Ioi did not help the cause when he didn't adjust the numbers after sony said how many PS4s were sold. Those are the reason they hate us, not because we discuss NPD data.

I'll say that I appreciate the leaks and I appreciate Aqua, cream, etc. I'll even be discreet about it. Iwill also agree with not putting numbers in the title of the thread, for example. However, I think their attitude is what's causing this bigger deal in the first place. Had they gone with business as usual, it wouldn't have blown up like this.

Ka-pi96 said:
Torillian said:
You guys are correct, there's no rule against this, so if you want to ignore what the poor poster on Gaf is trying to do then I won't stop you. I've edited things out so that you guys could give this a think and decide if you want to earn the ire of another forum instead of being hated without reason. Enjoy your numbers for a month.

Good to see it's still fine to post and discuss them.

However... GAF are hiding their numbers with email tags right? Couldn't we just do the same, then we get to discuss them and respect the leakers wishes.... right?

The coding for that probably doesn't work here and we don't want that. We want freeflowing discussions, not stupid email tags/hidden messages that break the flow of free dialogue.

So what numbers did aqua leak again?

MANUELF said:
So what numbers did aqua leak again?

See thread title. Also some more info but mods removed it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com