By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Neodegenerate said:
soulfly666 said:

How's it goin people? New Clues:

40. Widely considered the best entry in this series. The latest current gen iteration is viewed as one of the best looking console games ever released, but its story and replayability are extremely lacking.

39. The best horror game ever made who's creator recently released another great horror game that heavily borrows from this title.

38. The second and best entry in this series about the "Material Defender". Early(ish) pioneer in 6 degrees of motion from a psuedo-first person perspective.

Only one I have a guess for is 39: Resident Evil?

Right series wrong game.

Around the Network

Hint for the #37: the game's protagonist last name is the same as a former British car maker.

38. Diddy Kong Racing
Nintendo 64 (1997)
Rare Ltd.

There's a few times where I've been wowed by a video game. That moment where you turn a console on and are immediately floored by what stands before you. Diddy Kong Racing was one of those games. How so? Well, back when I was a wee lad, my parents bought me a Nintendo 64 for my birthday in August 1998 (I was late to the party). The game that would accompany the system? Diddy Kong Racing. I quickly set up the system, put in the cartridge, and booted it up. What happened next was my first ever experience with 3D gaming. And it was glorious. But DKR isn't all fond memories, as it's a great game to boot. It's a unique take on the kart racing formula with a hint of classic adventure characteristics (exploring an overworld, objective based missions) that really give the game its own feel. That coupled with a fantastically addictive multiplayer mode and 3 ways to race (kart, hoverboard, plane) give this game such diversity in how you play. Diddy Kong Racing was one heck of a birthday present.

Hint for #37:

This wasn't the first time that this popular yet still overlooked character would show his dark side, but it would certainly be the most memorable.

Smeags said:
Hint for #37:

This wasn't the first time that this popular yet still overlooked character would show his dark side, but it would certainly be the most memorable.

Jak 3?

Around the Network
Mr_No said:

Jak 3?

Nope. ^_~

#38: This is a MP classic from the 5th gen. It is also the only game from its console to make my list.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
#38: This is a MP classic from the 5th gen. It is also the only game from its console to make my list.

Goldeneye?

Addendum to hint #37: The game also got a moderator banned. Because it's that serious.

Mr_No said:
platformmaster918 said:

Goldeneye?

You are correct sir!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers