By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Hint for my 37:

Third game in a franchise despite being branded as 2. First game was a first person dungeon crawler while the second game was a top down tactical role-playing game.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:
artur-fernand said:

You're correct, and it doesn't? I was under the impression that, even though people really enjoyed Uncharted 1, they didn't care so much about it at the time?

My bad then.

I remember the game being a huge deal. Well I loved it anyway

I remember back when Sunset released it was mentioned that Uncharted only sold like 30k copies, or something like that, its first week. So it really does seem to be one that grew in popularity as it went along.

Looks like you guys are right. Really thought that was a hit from the start...

KLXVER said:
artur-fernand said:

You're correct, and it doesn't? I was under the impression that, even though people really enjoyed Uncharted 1, they didn't care so much about it at the time?

My bad then.

I remember the game being a huge deal. Well I loved it anyway

Thanks to the PS3's slow launch, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was more of a legs game than its sequels. I remember people celebrating the game reaching 1 million sales after something like 40 weeks (in the US).

Signature goes here!

Professor Layton & Pandora's Box

US Name: Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box

System: Nintendo DS
Genre: Puzzle Adventure
Year: 2009
Rank last year: 37 (v 1)

This puzzle game packed with content is good for many hours of fun. For the player who seeks out every puzzle this game has to offer, you can expect a good 50 hours worth of cerebral entertainment. Professor Layton & Pandora's Box is a puzzle-adventure game which sends Professor Layton and his sidekick Luke on a quest the dangerous Elysian Box which kills everyone that opens it, before it can be put to mis-use. Of course, this artifact is better known by the legendary name 'Pandora's Box'.

The journey is done through old-fashioned point-and-click, where the player is guided through the game by it's story. Along the way puzzles are thrown at the player which must be solved. These puzzles can range from common riddles to jigsaw puzzles to mazes. The difficulty increases as the game progresses and in later stages, some of these are really mindboggling!

Neodegenerate said:
Hint for my 37:

Third game in a franchise despite being branded as 2. First game was a first person dungeon crawler while the second game was a top down tactical role-playing game.

Shining Force II?

Around the Network

Since my hints seemed to be too hard the last few days, I'll make a bit easier today .

Game #37

This game tried to be realistic, but with physics like these, it's actually very comedic. Driving up a wall under a certain angle would send you flying through the sky dozens of meters. Not to mention what happens when you reach the end of the map (where you weren't supposed to be in the first place). This game was made by a console manufacturer, before they got into the hardware business.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Neodegenerate said:
Hint for my 37:

Shining Force II?

That was quick. Yup

No one has tried guessing the two new ones I posted

I'll shamefully repost the hints!

#39: Time fluctuates in a very strange way. At times, it's just four. At others, ten.

#38: There's not much I can hint about this one. Err... how about being pacifist, for a change? That means...no shooting from the ship! Try rubbing yourself at the edge of the universe.

How's it goin people? New Clues:

40. Widely considered the best entry in this series. The latest current gen iteration is viewed as one of the best looking console games ever released, but its story and replayability are extremely lacking.

39. The best horror game ever made who's creator recently released another great horror game that heavily borrows from this title.

38. The second and best entry in this series about the "Material Defender". Early(ish) pioneer in 6 degrees of motion from a psuedo-first person perspective.

soulfly666 said:

How's it goin people? New Clues:

40. Widely considered the best entry in this series. The latest current gen iteration is viewed as one of the best looking console games ever released, but its story and replayability are extremely lacking.

39. The best horror game ever made who's creator recently released another great horror game that heavily borrows from this title.

38. The second and best entry in this series about the "Material Defender". Early(ish) pioneer in 6 degrees of motion from a psuedo-first person perspective.

Only one I have a guess for is 39: Resident Evil?