By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Is it UFO?

@ your guess: correct :) it's Far Cry Instincts, for Xbox

Yay !

And nope, I'm afraid. Though indeed also not exactly the same in both regions, both at least still have the same main theme. The game I mean on the other hand, has the US version centuries apart from the European version .

Showdown in 2100 AD!

Yes! Very good .

Showdown in 2100 is the American name, with some futuristic and robotic things on the box-art so I guess you're supposed to be some kind of cyborg or something, while the European name is 'Game #14: Gunfighter', where you're supposed to be a 19th century Wild West style cowboy .

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
platformmaster918 said:
I'll be honest I left out a few of my favorites in order to give each franchise a spot of its own. I probably would have put a couple more GoW games and R&C games in my list honestly lol

I reduced a few franchises myself for the same reason.  Of course, within minutes of sending my finalized list to Smeags I remembered 4 great games that I didn't throw on there.  My official list may indeed look a bit different than my published list afterall...

Today I remembered LBP2 which would have made the top 30 for sure lol.  I just put it at the top of my post in the other thread that I forgot it rather than moving half the list down 1.  The stuff I didn't have physically was tough to remember and as I'm typing this I realize I forgot Spiderman for PS1 lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

TruckOSaurus said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Here's my hint for #50:

A console remake of the first game in this franchise, which is getting its fourth installment next week.

Far Cry?

Right! 

platformmaster918 said:

Today I remembered LBP2 which would have made the top 30 for sure lol.  I just put it at the top of my post in the other thread that I forgot it rather than moving half the list down 1.  The stuff I didn't have physically was tough to remember and as I'm typing this I realize I forgot Spiderman for PS1 lol

Le sigh.  Your post just reminded me I didn't include Spider-Man: Web of Shadows...

Make that 5 games that probably deserved spots I gave to lesser creatures.

my #50 is gears of war 2 because its better then gears of wars 1 and it would be ranked higher but its not on playstation but marcus phoenix seems like a cool guy anyways and i was walking around with my head in an xbot haze at the time oh well

Hint for 49: It's Ultima VI: The False Prophet.

Around the Network

Hint #50:

In order to learn the truth about yourself and this wicked place you have no choice but to descend into the darkness, unarmed and with the light as your only friend against the shadows that lure in the castle's depths.

I'll jump on the 49 hint as well.

Game is a side scrolling platformer that was ported to a failure of a system peripheral in the Sega CD (where I subsequently was exposed to it) and has an adorable purple creature in it.

badgenome said:
my #50 is gears of war 2 because its better then gears of wars 1 and it would be ranked higher but its not on playstation but marcus phoenix seems like a cool guy anyways and i was walking around with my head in an xbot haze at the time oh well

Hint for 49: It's Ultima VI: The False Prophet.

I think your #49 is Ultima VI: The False Prophet.

Scoobes said:
Wright said:
Scoobes said:
My no. 50 is one of the last classic style wRPGs, and sequel to a Bioware game.

Baldur's Gate 2?

No, the first was a Bioware game, but they didn't develop the sequel.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is more or less the only option here. Bioware made the first and Obsidian made the sequel, amirite?

Wright said:

I think your #49 is Ultima VI: The False Prophet.

...are you a wizard?