By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Wright said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Here's my hint for #50:

A console remake of the first game in this franchise, which is getting its fourth installment next week.

Geometry Wars?

Good guess! Far Cry Instincts is the answer.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Here's a quick and easy hint for my game #50:

Second game of a series featuring a ninja named Ryu.

Ninja Gaiden!

I'm surprised I didn't go bald trying to finish the original on NES...

Got it. I never played the first game but the second has it's share of hair tearing moments too.

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Here's my hint for #50:

A console remake of the first game in this franchise, which is getting its fourth installment next week.

Far Cry?

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Your hints are diabolical, Peelman

Is it an Intellivision game?

Last year this game actually got guessed by someone. I think by Smeags, but I'm not sure. I was shocked myself. There isn't really any way to make it easier, because I don't think that there's more than a handful of people that know this game given it's age. In fact, the first 5 games of my list are probably extremely hard to guess, and I included them because of their meaning to me personally.

You are correct about the generation this game is in, though not the console it was on. The console I mean is the Atari 2600's biggest competitor in Europe, the Magnavox Odyssey2, called the Phillips G7000 in Europe (and a variety of combinations of those names in other regions of the world).

@ your hint:

Far Cry? After a bit of thinking .

Is it UFO?

@ your guess: correct :) it's Far Cry Instincts, for Xbox

Yay !

And nope, I'm afraid. Though indeed also not exactly the same in both regions, both at least still have the same main theme. The game I mean on the other hand, has the US version centuries apart from the European version .

I'll be honest I left out a few of my favorites in order to give each franchise a spot of its own. I probably would have put a couple more GoW games and R&C games in my list honestly lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Wright said:
Scoobes said:
My no. 50 is one of the last classic style wRPGs, and sequel to a Bioware game.

Baldur's Gate 2?

No, the first was a Bioware game, but they didn't develop the sequel.

platformmaster918 said:
I'll be honest I left out a few of my favorites in order to give each franchise a spot of its own. I probably would have put a couple more GoW games and R&C games in my list honestly lol

I reduced a few franchises myself for the same reason.  Of course, within minutes of sending my finalized list to Smeags I remembered 4 great games that I didn't throw on there.  My official list may indeed look a bit different than my published list afterall...

KLXVER said:
Peggle. A game that makes heroin look like a casual hobby...

That's actually a pretty fun game, though I always played it on PC. It's by far my most played of 'those' kind of games .

S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Is it UFO?

@ your guess: correct :) it's Far Cry Instincts, for Xbox

Yay !

And nope, I'm afraid. Though indeed also not exactly the same in both regions, both at least still have the same main theme. The game I mean on the other hand, has the US version centuries apart from the European version .

Showdown in 2100 AD!

Scoobes said:

No, the first was a Bioware game, but they didn't develop the sequel.

KOTOR 2!!!

EDIT: though, if you're talking about classic wRPG, àla D&D, could it be Neverwinter Nights 2?