By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC Unity has major framerate issues

manny10032 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

holy shit!!
is that in game???

WTH??? Is this for real??? It's something fro. A horror game. Damn it, now I gave Ubisoft another idea for next year AC.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
Munkeh111 said:
ethomaz said:
Is it receive the 2014 BF4 trophy?

Most reviews indicate it's not that widespread throughout the whole game. It seems nowhere near the issues that BF4 had

I think Drive Club has that award

Atleast DriveClub works in Single player without issues and its just network issue which it had the problem unlike ACU and BF4 which have major issue all around the game. So i think ACU is close to BF4 trophy overall not DC.

AC:U has bugs, but it doesn't appear to be broken.

While parts of Driveclub is broken and has been since launch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

BraLoD said:
Yafea said:
Well, that's what happens when they make an annual game. And this year they have two games. Milking the cow to its last drop. Now I'm afraid since I want to get FarCry 4.

Black Flag is actually a very good game. They messed up Unity with that "fill the game with useless NPC's in insane amounts" idea and "parity ftw" excuse to don't work decently in polishing the game, they deserved it.
Seems like Rogue is not suffering from this.

Far Cry 3 was also great and I'm too worried with Far Cry 4 now, but they can't mess up 2 games that close... can they?

We will see with Far Cry 4. I'll just wait for the reviews now before buying it. With is really hard since we always get the game here before the release date. As for Assassin's Creed, it's better to stop the annual release or at least delay it to give more polish without the parity excuses. And 5000 NPC is useless and was better to use the resources for other things. But that won't look good since they were marketing the hell out of this number for publicity.  

Yafea said:
BraLoD said:
Yafea said:
Well, that's what happens when they make an annual game. And this year they have two games. Milking the cow to its last drop. Now I'm afraid since I want to get FarCry 4.

Black Flag is actually a very good game. They messed up Unity with that "fill the game with useless NPC's in insane amounts" idea and "parity ftw" excuse to don't work decently in polishing the game, they deserved it.

Far Cry 3 was also great and I'm too worried with Far Cry 4 now, but they can't mess up 2 games that close... can they?

We will see with Far Cry 4. I'll just wait for the reviews now before buying it. With is really hard since we always get the game here before the release date. As for Assassin's Creed, it's better to stop the annual release or at least delay it to give more polish without the parity excuses. And 5000 NPC is useless and was better to use the resources for other things. But that won't look good since they were marketing the hell out of this number for publicity.  

5000 NPC's might sound useless but saying it's useless without seeing how it's being used or playing the game is pretty dumb. 

After see some gifs in Parity.

I think it is really broke lol

Around the Network
method114 said:
Yafea said:
BraLoD said:
Yafea said:

5000 NPC's might sound useless but saying it's useless without seeing how it's being used or playing the game is pretty dumb. 

Ok, useless seems kind of harsh. I'm not going to say I know everything from these games beside the things I see from my brother playing onfront of me. But I think reducing the npc from 5000 to 1000-2000 would be better and won't take from the game's performance since Ubisoft said it CPU bound performance (according to them so I'm not sure it it was PR stuff or a fact) GTA V who was bigger in scale comparing to AC didn't have that huge amount of NPC and it looked very lively. Just my 2 cents.

method114 said:

ethomaz said:

method114 said:

I died when I saw that on GAF

people act like this is a surprise coming from ubi you should know what kind of garbage you are going to receive.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Guess I'm not buying Far cry 4 day one.

AC Unity no chance, aside from the technical mess the gameplay reads like the usual chores. Still auto correct running clinging to buildings, now also problems with doors, follow stay in range missions, combat still tedious, no thanks. Unity is now so cluttered that it has four different internal currencies and so many overlays that tooltips often obscure one another. Sounds like fun, not. How did they still give this a 7 with that review text and all the technical problems.