By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia: Golden Days of Consoles Are Over, So Many Other Ways To Enjoy Games

Both consoles and PC are doing very well right now, so I'm not sure what Nvidia is talking about...

Around the Network

I would have to agree with Nvidia. There are a lot more people realizing that Pc gaming isn't all that hard to get into, and these days, a lot of gamers have a Pc/Console. However, consoles for me will never go away as long as games like Persona, Bloodborne, Ys, and The Legend of Heroes are exclusive.

I'm guessing Nvidia is just cranky they didn't make the graphics cards for the new generation lol. So many other ways? Umm...other than the console that leaves PC...no thank you

I am inclined to agree that last gen was the console "Golden Age" of gaming, but the sales of current consoles speaks to the contrary unfortunately. Sorry Nvidia.

Captain_Tom said:
I am inclined to agree that last gen was the console "Golden Age" of gaming, but the sales of current consoles speaks to the contrary unfortunately. Sorry Nvidia.

sales are down.  Game sales on PC overtook consoles. 

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:

Of course it's on decline! Looks at the NVidia data:

6th gen: 24 million console GPUs sold.

7th gen: 85 million console GPUs sold.

8th gen: 0 console GPUs sold.

Coming from their own shipment data!

kowenicki said:
Golden age over? I agree.

Last gen was the peak.

Agreed. I don't even like Nvidia but this is 100% correct. 

Anyone who thinks this is some Nvidia spin is either unaware of the market trends or just providing a spin of their own. 

Smart to then make the nvidia shield right?

torok said:

Of course it's on decline! Looks at the NVidia data:

6th gen: 24 million console GPUs sold.

7th gen: 85 million console GPUs sold.

8th gen: 0 console GPUs sold.

Coming from their own shipment data!

theprof00 said:
Smart to then make the nvidia shield right?

What about OUYA?