By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Winner choosen soon - Giving away a PS4 at 100 subscribers

Well, I don't know you but in general I think chance is pretty high that people who have these kind of prices don't really have such a price in reality or will let someon “win“ who they know so that it's not really a giveaway.

So showing at least a video about the console we can win should be your first step. That still doesn't mean that people can win it but at least we know that it even exists. You aren't Pewdiepie or Sony where people know that the price is obviously real.

I mean, even in the best case scenario the chance would be 1% to win but considering that probably most who did something similar didn't even have that product or will simply annonce a fake name or friend as winner, the chance is maybe 0,05% in reality so yeah, post at least a video of the sealed console if you really want people to trust you when they never heard anything about you before.

That would obviously also help your account to get mor subs so that it's only logical to do so. You should know thaat as someone who thinks from himself that he did already so much right with this channel.

That's nothing against you personally, just take it as tip for those who try to increase their subs with prices people can really win which hopefully includes you.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

Well, I don't know you but in general I think chance is pretty high that people who have these kind of prices don't really have such a price in reality or will let someon “win“ who they know so that it's not really a giveaway.

So showing at least a video about the console we can win should be your first step. That still doesn't mean that people can win it but at least we know that it even exists. You aren't Pewdiepie or Sony where people know that the price is obviously real.

I mean, even in the best case scenario the chance would be 1% to win but considering that probably most who did something similar didn't even have that product or will simply annonce a fake name or friend as winner, the chance is maybe 0,05% in reality so yeah, post at least a video of the sealed console if you really want people to trust you when they never heard anything about you before.

That would obviously also help your account to get mor subs so that it's only logical to do so. You should know thaat as someone who thinks from himself that he did already so much right with this channel.

That's nothing against you personally, just take it as tip for those who try to increase their subs with prices people can really win which hopefully includes you.

or you could, for example, make 100 fake accounts and subscribe with them all, and cheat the competition anyway, assuming it was actually real.

drewz19 said:

For The Gamers is a newly formed channel and clan. We already have a bunch of videos and are posting more every day. A wide variety of games are come soon too.

Once we hit 100 subs we will be giving away a free PS4.

I know a guy with over 500k subscribers on youtube. He does promos for channels. That would give you much better value for money than 100 subs in return for a ps4 lol.

Basically for the same money you'd get hundreds of subs. Let me know if you want me to pass you onto him. 

Tachikoma said:
maverick40 said:

What? No but just chill out a bit

Is it really so wrong to be skeptical and ask for proof of an actual prize?

In this forum, yes. Not being nice to everyone regardless of what they're saying is a cardinal sin here and will get you banned.

Better give up before someone successfully reports you to the authorities.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Tachikoma said:
maverick40 said:

What? No but just chill out a bit

Is it really so wrong to be skeptical and ask for proof of an actual prize?

In this forum, yes. Not being nice to everyone regardless of what they're saying is a cardinal sin here and will get you banned.

Better give up before someone successfully reports you to the authorities.

I'm fortunate enough to not put much value in my ability to post.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

I'm fortunate enough to not put much value in my ability to post.

Posting is one thing but being subjected to just 10 posts a page again is just torture.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Why would you give a PS4 when you will never make that money back? i have 2 YouTube channels and after 4 months i made back what i spent on equipment and expensive Japanese game.

rioskenny1 said:
Why would you give a PS4 when you will never make that money back? i have 2 YouTube channels and after 4 months i made back what i spent on equipment and expensive Japanese game.

Another reason for my skepticism, if he sayd "giving away a PS4 at 5000 subs" i could almost believe it, but 100 just sounds like a sham competition for a quick subscriber grab.

A PS4 controller absolutely does not work if you make a channel for all sorts of games. from different platforms (Mario is in the logo Sonic is etc)
Even if the Title/Logo has a Sony slogan.

Go find some retro controller instead I would suggest an old Sega controller (because its retro and is loved by many people also NOT being part of a current console fanboy war)

Other than that nice channel

@everyone you can buy 5000 subscribers for 100 dollars. So I see no reason why he would give away a PS4 just to get to "laughable" 100.

I think he just wants to celebrate his new channel and is giving away one for free. Also going for only 100 subscribers and then faking a give away seems pretty nonsensical and is way to much effort you can buy 150 subscribers for $5  or 300 for $8 etc etc.

Please dont go all hostile on someone just because you have probably no idea whats happening. (how about finding out instead?)

Tachikoma said:
rioskenny1 said

What is your YouTube account? I thought it was Glitch.Tokyo based off your comment earlier today but im guessing im wrong.

EDIT: It is based off the subscribers you showed which is 287 which isnt really a lot either. 

@OP -  You seem pretty good at CoD.  Hope it works out for you. Maybe expand the channel a little more though.  Not sure what you could do with it but again i hope it works for you.

Like Tachikoma said though, you could be lieing about giving away a free PS4 though.  And I have no reason to distrust that or believe you either.  Just saying some people may not trust you.  Personally id recommend doing stuff like that once you establish yourself a little more and just keep trying to make good quality videos.  THough still a great incentive starting off.

Though i wont lie and say i know how to get myself out there because i dont.  There is a ton of youtube videos and its hard to get yourself noticed.  But as long as you consistently put up videos and do a good job then i wish you the best :)

Nice channel btw, really hope it works out for you