By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will wiiu surpass vita this holiday?

WiiU>PSVita 2014?

Yes 122 66.67%

No 61 33.33%

Total:183

So, with vita at 9M globlaly and WiiU at 7.41M, holiday season os upon us. Nintendo intend to sell 2.4 million till april, and considering that there si no game planned to be released in january, we can assume they plan to sell 1.8~2M this holliday season. Last year, between black friday and january first week, those plataforms sold:

PSVITA: 940K

WiiU: 1370K

Difference:430K

Last year we had tearway, this year... playstation TV came to the west

WiiU again has a strong title, but in europe no secondary title(last year psvita outsold the wiiu in europe by the way).

So, if we assume that nintendo will hit their target, lets all escale this difference around:

scale = 1.9M/1.37M = 1.4

scale  x Difference = 596K

Still not enough to close the 1.6M gap.

If vita  stay flat

1.9 - 940K = 1M

Still not enough

if nintendo manage to hit their target on the hollidays alone:

2.4M - 940K = 1.06M

Still not enough.

So, to this happens, vita need to be down YoY in(940-540) 40%, which is less than it sold even when launched only in japan, wiiu would need to sell more than it sold on its global launch.

Even with the odds againts it, i still wanted to ask, because the psvita line-up this year seems worse tahn the last year one, and some said that nintendo lowbailed their predctions to not make a huge miss like last year. So, what's is your bet.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

The Vita is pretty much irrelevant in the US. I don't see the Vita TV doing much for it. There are many competing devices that do more. It's nice to be able to play the PS4 across the house, but I don't see big sales for it. That being said, the gap is a bit too large for the Wii U to overtake. I'd like to say Smash and Mario Kart would combine to give the Wii U more than 2 million, but I'm not that sure.

Going to be close but hopefully, wiiU will be able to do with with SSB + MK8 but I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt make it though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That's a definite maybe.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

not sure, mostly it cannot unless they bundle MK8 and SSB at good price.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

I thought Wii U was overtracked?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

It is. And it definitely isn't at 7.41m

jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:

It is. And it definitely isn't at 7.41m

you mean wasn't!it has changed...

I'm gonna repeat the comment i made in the threads made last year and the one made the year before that; could someone find them plz?

No, not expecting it to. And the current WiiU numbers are overtracked so that needs to be fixed first.

Definitely don't think so.