By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN+ This month for the Vita!

Just said I'd point this out incase people didn't notice, but if you happen to have PSN+ and a Vita this month you can get 5 games instead of 2.

The Ps4 offerings this month are :

- The Binding of Isaac:Rebirth

- Steamdig world

Ps3 titles are :

- Frozen Synapse Prime

- Luftrausers

Vita titles are :

- Escape plan

- The hungry horde

Thing is tho if you happen to have a vita it happily sits in the middle of both these sets of offerings from the other 2 machines and right now at least all but "Frozen Synapse Prime" from the PS3 have cross buy functionality with their vita versions so if you go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME?smcid=pdc:ie-en:pdc-psn-mypsn-trophies:ps%20store:null:null and add the titles from the other systems to your PSN library then when you go to the psn store on your vita you'll find the other games now listed as "free" instead of displaying their prices.

Five games for the month tho.... it almost feels like support for the lovely little handheld, make sure and take advantage of this sooner rather than later just incase it isn't intentional that the Vita gets so much love.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

But are they any good? 

I played The Binding of Isaac and I was bored before getting past the first floor.  Imo it's yet another indie developer trying to push out an artistic graphical style with rather garbage gameplay.  Just feels bland and boring running from room to room killing everything within, collecting the power ups, and then moving on to the next room.  I got to floor three before I couldn't take it anymore and just shut the game off.

I know the devs in The Binding of Isaac are trying to give some semblance of randomization and replayability by making it rogue like style, but if I wanted to play a good game similar to this style, minus the randomness, then there have been a lot of games that I could play.  Smash TV, Total Carnage, and more recently, Dead Nation are some of the few that aren't borefests.

kupomogli said:

But are they any good? 

I played The Binding of Isaac and I was bored before getting past the first floor.  Imo it's yet another indie developer trying to push out an artistic graphical style with rather garbage gameplay.  Just feels bland and boring running from room to room killing everything within, collecting the power ups, and then moving on to the next room.  I got to floor three before I couldn't take it anymore and just shut the game off.

I know the devs in The Binding of Isaac are trying to give some semblance of randomization and replayability by making it rogue like style, but if I wanted to play a good game similar to this style, minus the randomness, then there have been a lot of games that I could play.  Smash TV, Total Carnage, and more recently, Dead Nation are some of the few that aren't borefests.

I played Isaac on PC last year and enjoyed it a bit there, but the Vita game I played to completion a few times now to find some of the crazy upgrades and tried my hand at a few challenges they added some cool variety to the game, that said if you're not a fan of the game engine and style of "the binding of isaac" you aren't going to enjoy all the added content.

Been playing Luftrausers for the past few hours, fairly cool old school fighter plane game, there are lots of customizations to unlock for the planes but the more you play the longer they take and some of the ones later on seem to really have limited usage rendering them pointless unlocks considering the time they take, it's definately something I could pick up and play again or for short bursts (most games of it last less than 2-3 mins) so it's handy as a fast bathroom break game.

Hungry horde is going to be my next game played since it's taking up a fair bit of real estate on my mem card so if it's not great it will be deleted, need to make some extra room so I can even download Escape Plan, I've heard some good things about that and steamdig world before.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I don't have any room left on my Vita 32gb card or my 8gb card. Plus, none of those games really jump out at me. AND I'm no longer a PS Plus subscriber.

So why the fuck are you here, d21?

Shut your pie hole and I'll tell you! I have a question. If I get the cross buy games for the other consoles and then opt to get them free on Vita, do I get to keep them forever or do I lose them when my Plus runs out? I'm kinda curious and I would consider getting Plus again if that were possible.

Anyway, fired my PSV up today. Had quite a blast playing EDF, Uncharted, and Jet Set Radio. Still an awesome piece of hardware. I wish they'd port Valkyria Chronicles and I'd be content for the rest of my life.

d21lewis said:

Anyway, fired my PSV up today. Had quite a blast playing EDF, Uncharted, and Jet Set Radio. Still an awesome piece of hardware. I wish they'd port Valkyria Chronicles and I'd be content for the rest of my life.

Are you planning on dying soon?  It doesn't have that much content.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I don't have any room left on my Vita 32gb card or my 8gb card. Plus, none of those games really jump out at me. AND I'm no longer a PS Plus subscriber.

So why the fuck are you here, d21?

Shut your pie hole and I'll tell you! I have a question. If I get the cross buy games for the other consoles and then opt to get them free on Vita, do I get to keep them forever or do I lose them when my Plus runs out? I'm kinda curious and I would consider getting Plus again if that were possible.

Do you mean psn+ granted X platform games or just bought titles?

I know for a fact that if you buy a game X-buy that is no way tied to psn plus you have it forever on all systems regardless of your sub status.

As for cross platform games from psn+ they all seem to have the "16 days" tag on mine if I look at the information regardless of which system they were actually intended for when they were added to the instant game collection. I haven't not (double negative) had psn+ in almost a year tho so I really don't know what happens if the time runs out on them I'm guessing it hasn't changed much from last time I did see it which was a generic "your license for this software has expired" while you don't have + which buggers off when you resub.

You don't need to go on the PC store. They all show as Free on PS+ from the Vita store whether or not you've already grabbed the other versions of the games :)

Great month to fans of real games. Saved me a bit too as although I already had Steamworld Dig (Fantastic 3DS game!) Luftrausers, Binding of Isaac and Escape Plan were 3 games I was unsure of, and Hungry Horde I'd never even heard of until last week.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
You don't need to go on the PC store. They all show as Free on PS+ from the Vita store whether or not you've already grabbed the other versions of the games :)

Great month to fans of real games. Saved me a bit too as although I already had Steamworld Dig (Fantastic 3DS game!) Luftrausers, Binding of Isaac and Escape Plan were 3 games I was unsure of, and Hungry Horde I'd never even heard of until last week.

Hungry hordes loading time is appalingly bad.... kills the arcade feel to the type of game they were going for. and yeah I've heard the same about steamdig, my partner finished it on the 3ds, said it was amazing.

kupomogli said:
d21lewis said:

It has just enough for me.  Got it on PS3.  Valkyria II just doesn't do it for me.  I need the original!

d21lewis said:
kupomogli said:
d21lewis said:

It has just enough for me.  Got it on PS3.  Valkyria II just doesn't do it for me.  I need the original!

If you're looking for content there is a number of jrpgs gone on sale atm on the Vita, Disgaea 4 is up there for €13 atm if you have plus, think it's about 15 if you dont, that is a good few hundred hours of your life you'll lose to that game for just over a tenner heh. been meaning to write up about that sale actually but not had the time to do a proper listing of all the games prices yet.