By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ubisoft games appear in Origin instead of Steam

I don't even know what this thread is about.

People are mad that Ubisoft games appear on a service besides Steam? Seriously? Why are people so in love with the Steam DRM?

With Uplay games, I'll definitely avoid Steam if I can, as having two DRM clients open just to play one game is silly. That's fine with me, as I'd rather buy from GMG or Amazon, anyway.

Around the Network

Origin just sells a Uplay code and an installer for the Uplay version. That is not new. The games are back up on Steam BTW.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

So it begins

If they team up an create one service (essentially killing Uplay or Origin), I see it as an improvement. One less useless program I have to deal with.

4 ≈ One

So EA makes a third party game (Titanfall) and you also see Ubisoft teaming up with Microsoft with their exclusive bundles. Before the XB1 released, they had those very strict policies. I could be wrong on this, but I am pretty sure that EA and Ubisoft both influenced Microsoft to include DRM in their XB1 at launch.

Now you are seeing both of these companies take it upon themselves to restrict a consumers access to sharing games...