By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ubisoft games appear in Origin instead of Steam

EA is going to corrupt Ubi lol

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Mummelmann said:
Well, I won't be getting any more Ubi titles on PC then, simple as that. I refuse to support Origin any more than I already am with their lunatic policies, insane pricing and ridiculous terms and conditions.

Agreed. I got mad just because it couldn't even be bothered to save your PW after a month. I recently just deleted it off my PC. Tossed some of the newer games I bought that require it to be on. And replaced them with console versions. I don't really play online. But games like ME3 have to go through all this crap to just let me get into SP. The ps3 version does what I want fine. Than all the annoying pop ups of free games and other junk I don't have.

And I can't even add all my older games into my origin. So I'm like why do I need it installed for 2 games. VS the rest are on steam, and the others by standard disc check. Not to mention, I buy a physical copy to not deal with long downloads. Half the damn time, Origin will not install from disc. WTF did I buy the phycial version. Than, I got to go through some annoying way to get it to detect the discs. Just fucking work like steam, on the first try fine.

I've actually bought games on disc and then downloaded cracks for them to circumvent Origin... I did it with Spore and Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Mummelmann said:
archer9234 said:
Mummelmann said:
Well, I won't be getting any more Ubi titles on PC then, simple as that. I refuse to support Origin any more than I already am with their lunatic policies, insane pricing and ridiculous terms and conditions.

Agreed. I got mad just because it couldn't even be bothered to save your PW after a month. I recently just deleted it off my PC. Tossed some of the newer games I bought that require it to be on. And replaced them with console versions. I don't really play online. But games like ME3 have to go through all this crap to just let me get into SP. The ps3 version does what I want fine. Than all the annoying pop ups of free games and other junk I don't have.

And I can't even add all my older games into my origin. So I'm like why do I need it installed for 2 games. VS the rest are on steam, and the others by standard disc check. Not to mention, I buy a physical copy to not deal with long downloads. Half the damn time, Origin will not install from disc. WTF did I buy the phycial version. Than, I got to go through some annoying way to get it to detect the discs. Just fucking work like steam, on the first try fine.

I've actually bought games on disc and then downloaded cracks for them to circumvent Origin... I did it with Spore and Mass Effect 1 and 2.

I'd do that if you could install the games from the original disc without orgin installed. Than get a crack. Unless there is a way I don't know about.

All three games are still on the Steam store from my side.

archer9234 said:
Mummelmann said:

I'd do that if you could install the games from the original disc without orgin installed. Than get a crack. Unless there is a way I don't know about.

This was a while back, not sure if it works any longer, but I know there are still ways of isolating the .exe from connecting to uPlay at least, probably Steam and Origin as well.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
All three games are still on the Steam store from my side.

Yeah I checked and the Steam page only mentions Uplay: 

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Uplay Account Required

So I guess this news means, we now have the option of buying it through Origin (if for some crazy reason someone would want to do that).

Signature goes here!

Why would Ubisoft want EA to make anything from their games?

For the same price as the cut EA will take from a handful of ubisoft games on origin, ubisoft can just make their own digital distribution business. I dont know why publishers havent done this on PC ages ago.

so how does it works... you run Far Cry 4 from Origin , then Origin loads up UPlay... which they Uplay loads up Far Cry 4 ?

Well in the end we going to use a torrent , so if they trying to make us difficult we will make them difficult to gain our money, while we can still enjoying the game from the developer Lol.

Oh, is all the talk about better curation of games on Steam finally getting somewhere?