By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

DonFerrari said:
soony_xbone_U said:
Xevross said:

Ranking hasn't updated but 72 reviews on the GTAV bundle already, more than half of XB1's AC: U bundle. It must be selling very well

But not a single verified purchase review
Is it enough to place the order, or does it have to be shipped to you, before u can write a verified purchase review?

This console will take some hours to make it into the chart

From what I remember around consoles releases people just had put pre-order and were already making verified purchase trolling on each console.

yup, pretty much.  happens with games too.  

Around the Network
roborad said:
DonFerrari said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Is it enough to place the order, or does it have to be shipped to you, before u can write a verified purchase review?

From what I remember around consoles releases people just had put pre-order and were already making verified purchase trolling on each console.

yup, pretty much.  happens with games too.  

Thanks for confirming

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
soony_xbone_U said:
Xevross said:

Ranking hasn't updated but 72 reviews on the GTAV bundle already, more than half of XB1's AC: U bundle. It must be selling very well

Okay, thanks for the confirmation.
But why don't they just peorder and chancel after the purchase? A verified purchase review looks so much more reliable :D

soony_xbone_U said:
DonFerrari said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Okay, thanks for the confirmation.
But why don't they just peorder and chancel after the purchase? A verified purchase review looks so much more reliable :D

they done that for the consoles... buy for black friday you didn't had this possibility if I'm not wrong... but you can be sure there were more than 100 fake pre-orders cancelled after giving a 0 to a console just for trolling purpouses, no troll would expend 400-500 just to troll a console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:

My reply was based on your anecdotal evidence so no need to be dickish to me. 

I've seen enough of your posts to know that you were being sarcastic.

i've seen enough of your posts to know your household likley favors the Xbox brand, which pretty much makes your market insight there a tad bit irrelevant!  

My household? I live in an apartment with my girlfriend. My sister lives in her own house and so does my mom. My sister and mom are about as casual as you can get. She has 2 Wii's and wants a PS4. She was waiting for a Black Friday price drop though.

Good job trying to tell me about my own family though lol that is rich.

Your household as in your family!

And about as casual as you can get would be my mother, the only game she's ever played is some brain excercise app on her ipad and my sister who hasn't played a game since crash bandicoot or fifa against the lads at a very drunk party. 

Nice try, trying to tell me the most casual gamer is one that waits for the BF rush! Very rich :D 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:

i've seen enough of your posts to know your household likley favors the Xbox brand, which pretty much makes your market insight there a tad bit irrelevant!  

My household? I live in an apartment with my girlfriend. My sister lives in her own house and so does my mom. My sister and mom are about as casual as you can get. She has 2 Wii's and wants a PS4. She was waiting for a Black Friday price drop though.

Good job trying to tell me about my own family though lol that is rich.

Your household as in your family!

And about as casual as you can get would be my mother, the only game she's ever played is some brain excercise app on her ipad and my sister who hasn't played a game since crash bandicoot or fifa against the lads at a very drunk party. 

Nice try, trying to tell me the most casual gamer is one that waits for the BF rush! Very rich :D 

I'm guessing you don't know how popular Black friday is then?

BTW it was just a figure of speech. My family is not a part of the console wars just because you see me on a forum. My Xboxes are mine, not the family's. That was not a very reasonable assumption to come to. Not once have I accused a poster's whole family of being fanboys to win an argument. 

jlmurph2 said:

BTW it was just a figure of speech. My family is not a part of the console wars just because you see me on a forum. My Xboxes are mine, not the family's. That was not a very reasonable assumption to come to. Not once have I accused a poster's whole family of being fanboys to win an argument. 

i'm guessing since i  be on this forum a lot i know exactly how big BF is. ANd if I lived there my parents or sisters would be running out buying things other than an Xbox or a Playstation if they were as casual as you can get in gaming terms. 

Now don't be telling me about reasonable assumptions after you used your sister and mother as a reason Xbox could do very well. 

Are the hourly charts bugging out? I find it hard to believe almost everyone buying a PS4 is picking the stand alone $399 model (#48) instead of the GTA5 + TLOU (#7,617) and LBP3 + LB3 (#16,849) bundles, which cost the same amount

Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

i'm guessing since i  be on this forum a lot i know exactly how big BF is. ANd if I lived there my parents or sisters would be running out buying things other than an Xbox or a Playstation if they were as casual as you can get in gaming terms. 

Now don't be telling me about reasonable assumptions after you used your sister and mother as a reason Xbox could do very well. 

I was using what my sister said as a single non-forum poster's perspective on Black Friday. 

Yet again since you aren't comprehending I'm going to tell you it was a FIGURE OF SPEECH and that it was ANECDOTAL. I was not being literal when I said as casual as you can get and I was not saying that means Xbox is the winner. The only thing my sister knows about PS is that I had PS1 and PS2, and her boyfriend had a PS3. 

So stop being so defensive when someone posts something that's purely anecdotal.

PS4 breaking Amazon by going beyond first place and back at the bottom of the charts XD