By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So does the "Skyward Sword" 3DS theme indicate a port is incoming?

Would you be interested on Skyward Sword on 3DS?

Yes, please! 16 28.57%

Nope. 31 55.36%

Eh, maybe. 9 16.07%

Total:56

I mean, why else have such a theme for the 3DS? Could it be announced in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow?

It would make sense for a Skyward Sword port, by the way.

1) Nintendo spent a LOT of money making TLOZ:Skyward Sword for Wii, and it didn't sell nearly enough copies to justify the price tag.

2) The increased power of the New Nintendo 3DS obviously makes Wii ports possible (Xenoblade, duh).

3) Nintendo clearly has problems developing titles for both the WiiU & 3DS; porting is easier, cheaper and can be done with a smaller team. Porting can also be done by studio's outside of Nintendo, leaving them free to develop other titles....

Am I crazy? What do you think?

Bah!

Around the Network

No, you are welcome

Click HERE and be happy 

Nope. Motion controls won't work on the 3DS

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Plausible. Although Skyward Sword was designed around motionplus, so I'm unsure how easy it would be to port, would probably wind up more of a remake.

Although, losing the directionality of sword strikes would make it less CPU intensive, and perhaps more likely on the technical front.

I do hope they fix some of the issues with SS before a port happens.

Around the Network

I love that people are using motion controls as a reason it cant be ported, touch screen anybody?? Yes it would be terrible and uncomfortable as hell but that didnt stop them with KI:U

I hope not. Majora's Mask please.

Barkley said:
I hope not. Majora's Mask please.

Don't worry, it won't happen

They wouldn't be able to emulate SS's masterful sword fighting and boss battles with the 3DS's touch screen

This would be an interesting thing to happen, since the only negative reviews SS got were mainly bitching about motion controls. It would be interesting to see what people think of it with traditional controls. I also could see where the OP is coming from about SS not meeting sales expectations on Wii, so porting it to another system could make sense. Hmm...