By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Advanced Warfare Leader Boards

prinz_valium said:
Fusioncode said:
ethomaz said:

4 hours ago: 1,190,118 for the X360 as of right now!
1 hour ago: 1,177,564 on ps3 atm

Seems like PS360 gap is max 100k... really close.

PS3 dying a fast rapid death. 

only in the us and uk

thankfully it didn't die a rapid death WW like the WIi U and X1

Around the Network

I wonder if people like MsHeartAttack and Dark Jak Gaming are near the top of the list?

Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:
Fusioncode said:

only in the us and uk

thankfully it didn't die a rapid death WW like the WIi U and X1

wiiu was never alive

prinz_valium said:

wiiu was never alive

False. It had a great launch. 

thelalaby said:

I think it's clear that he meant the franchise now sells better on Playstation platforms, which is a surprising twist imo considering how dominant the franchise was on Xbox just until a couple of years ago.

It's surprising if you haven't seen hardware charts for this gen I guess. How much it sold on Xbox vs PS3 doesn't matter either, it's a new generation of consoles. It would be like saying you're surprised the Vikings run game isn't dominant because it was so good two years ago. Well two years ago AD ran for 2100 yards. Now he's suspended for beating his kid. The gap between the consoles might be surprising, but the sales difference it creates shouldn't be.

CoD became an "Xbox franchise" for the very same reason.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:

wiiu was never alive

the overshipped way more than ms with xb1 and had negative shipments the next quarter after launch.
yeah. thats great for sure.

wii u was a disaster before 2015. right now its doing okay

Kerotan said:
Farsala said:
Kerotan said:

yeah ps3 owners have all upgraded to ps4 unlike the 360 crowd. I expect the PS3 to outsell the X360 version. I did it with ghosts (had to come back after going behind at leaunch) so PS3 should do it easier this time with AW. 

Anyway total people online is like 6 million people. DOes that mean this game has likely sold 8M copies by now? 

Likely more, but hard to tell.

if it was say 8M as of now. Would that be more or less than ghosts? 

Ghosts did about 8m as well. Of course the important factor that may have changed is Next Gen> Old Gen.

Kerotan said:
Fusioncode said:
ethomaz said:

4 hours ago: 1,190,118 for the X360 as of right now!
1 hour ago: 1,177,564 on ps3 atm

Seems like PS360 gap is max 100k... really close.

yeah ps3 owners have all upgraded to ps4 unlike the 360 crowd. I expect the PS3 to outsell the X360 version. I did it with ghosts (had to come back after going behind at leaunch) so PS3 should do it easier this time with AW. 

Anyway total people online is like 6 million people. DOes that mean this game has likely sold 8M copies by now? 

Maybe.  Some are still playing the campaign, like me.  It's a longer campaign than Ghosts and a lot more fun.

My 8th gen collection

LudicrousSpeed said:
thelalaby said:

I think it's clear that he meant the franchise now sells better on Playstation platforms, which is a surprising twist imo considering how dominant the franchise was on Xbox just until a couple of years ago.

It's surprising if you haven't seen hardware charts for this gen I guess. How much it sold on Xbox vs PS3 doesn't matter either, it's a new generation of consoles. It would be like saying you're surprised the Vikings run game isn't dominant because it was so good two years ago. Well two years ago AD ran for 2100 yards. Now he's suspended for beating his kid. The gap between the consoles might be surprising, but the sales difference it creates shouldn't be.

CoD became an "Xbox franchise" for the very same reason.

yeah we're all wise after the fact. A few years ago not many people could have seen this coming. Especially with the hundreds of millions MS has put behind the series since MW2 and still does today. Sony taking COD just says it all. They are doing sooooo good and the tunr around from last gen is something to be admired. 

prinz_valium said:
Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:

wiiu was never alive

the overshipped way more than ms with xb1 and had negative shipments the next quarter after launch.
yeah. thats great for sure.

wii u was a disaster before 2015. right now its doing okay

MS didn't exactly ship too many consoles for most of 2014 either. One did bad the other did worse.