By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

Man......so many threads about XB1 will overtake PS4 in November.

If it will, then congratulations to MS.....they deserved it.

Just remember, do not underestimate PS4! You have been warned.

Around the Network

All these threads betting against PS4 reminds to me like a gambler that everytime he loses a bet, bets twice the amount the money expecting for some reason to win but he only gets more poor.

Just because you show more confidence, that won't make it true...

- Xbox One had "more and better exclusives at launch". It didn't matter.
- Xbox One had "the best new IP for the year as a exclusive" in March with TitanFall. It didn't matter.
- Xbox One had a pricecut during summer. It didn't matter.
- Xbox One had Destiny as a free game in September. It didn't matter.

I know that people consider logical that if one system has some games that you like a lot, and the other system does not, that will mean that system will sell more because "Of course, why not!!??", but consumer perception doesn't work always like that. Exclusive games are not important anymore, because the best games, the biggest system sellers aren't exclusives anymore (discounting Nintendo).

X360 still sold more than PS3 in USA in 2011, 2012, and 2013, despite in my opinion, PS3 having a better lineup. It didn't matter back then because X360 was just considered a better and more popular console. That's what happening right now with PS4 and it's been happening all year.

No exclusives, price cuts, bundles are going to change that in just a few weeks.

Sony doesn't need to respond just so they can win the month. Despite what fanboys believe, it's ok to not win every month. The goal is to win the generation. PS4 has a big lead and still selling well despite a lackluster exclusive lineup so far. If they match the $50 price cut of the X1, that's going to cost them hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. And for what? So they can win NPD for November and December? That's good for fanboy wars. Not so great business-wise.

FentonCrackshell said:
People make these threads like winning the US is all that matters LOL.

It's not just the US, it's Globally in the US.

TheDrill
It is already compettitive in that region, it will now probably outsell the PS4, at least for a few months.
Sales in the US have been in the approximatively 5 % range between X1 and PS4 for a while now.

your math has got to be the scariest thing ever

Around the Network

Match? You mean Surpass~

It begins here MS will retake its homeland like an action star~

Clyde32 said:
FentonCrackshell said:
People make these threads like winning the US is all that matters LOL.

It's not just the US, it's Globally in the US.

Classic! I swear this should be patented as a VGChartz meme or something. lol!

It appears to be off to a good start at least. Should be interesting to see what becomes of this holiday price cut.

I will ask for my thread to be unlocked, those draconian mods locked it for no reason, even if I gave statistical, probabilistic as well as analytical proof of this happening.

User was moderated for this post - DraConeianGamer

Quite reasonable to expect X1 to get november and december if Sony stay idle. January and further is another guess. Don't think Sony will sit still, but who knows, they have been dumb before.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Microsoft just announced that the price cut tripled sales in the USA and shipped 10 millions worldwide (frontpage)
the gap between the PS4 and the X1 is only 2 million worldwide now.