By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

What the fuck does "globally in the US" mean?!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
What the fuck does "globally in the US" mean?!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183141

More specifically 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6307186

Soundwave said:
Aura7541 said:
You can't just rely on the last two months of the year for huge sales. The best consoles in history have sold well each year, all year. The X1 did not sell well from January to now despite countless deals. This problem will be even more pronounced next year because the PS4 will have way more games than this year, especially in exclusives.

X1 will have a lot more exclusives next year too. MS' goal should be to maintain the $50 gap IMO, if they can win on the value proposition side they have a good chance in the US to be competetive. 

Not really. Everything they've announced for Xbox One is launching at the end of the year. Besides a few indies looking 10 month dry spell for Xbox One. Unless Microsoft have some short notice surprises.

The combined effects of the price cut and several bundles may allow it to win in November (and perhaps December), but i highly doubt it will provide a boost significant enough to close their current LT gap.

Landguy said:
the XB1 will be competitive in the US going forward, but globally globally - not so much.

It is already compettitive in that region, it will now probably outsell the PS4, at least for a few months.

Sales in the US have been in the approximatively 5 % range between X1 and PS4 for a while now.

Around the Network

With the Halo Collection and the price cut, it would be unsurprising to see the One ahead of PS4 overall in the US. I think it will be neck and neck come january, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the One ahead.

I am humbled.

For the Nov+Dec I can see the XBO beating the PS4 in NPD. However, I doubt that momentum will last through Jan-June.

TheDrill said:
Landguy said:
the XB1 will be competitive in the US going forward, but globally globally - not so much.

It is already compettitive in that region, it will now probably outsell the PS4, at least for a few months.

Sales in the US have been in the approximatively 5 % range between X1 and PS4 for a while now.

Huh

Sept ndp

PS4 - 538k 
XBO - 284k

do you mean been in and around 50% range.

Damagon said:
March: Titanfall, the biggest MS exclusive of the year, bundled free with every XB1 purchase.
April: Forza 5 bundled for free
May: XB1 gets a new $399 SKU, removes Kinect, for June.
August: Madden bundled for free, FIFA and Forza bundled for free.
September: get a free game on top of bundled free games, includes any recent game like Destiny.
October: Sunset Overdrive bundled for free

None of these helped Microsoft beat the PS4. In fact the gap has only gotten bigger. But you think cutting an extra $50 and a few more bundles will?

The only way for that to happen is for the PS4 to sell 0 units, and that's just impossible.

The salt is real

...seriously though, X1 is hammering the PS4 in Amazon charts....something it hasn't done all year, not even back when titanfall was released.