By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XB1 will win November NPD, and that's what it deserves

Do you think it will?

Yes 248 24.63%

No 581 57.70%

Maybe 174 17.28%

Total:1,003
DonFerrari said:
X1 could easily outsell PS4 for all we know, but to call it deserved is a little odd... No costumer own any company a sale, the company have to battle for it and conquer, MS is doing it rigth now.

Have any of the people claiming MS deserves it because of the price, content or how much it is costing MS ever been saying PS3 deserved to sale better than Wii and X360 together because Sony was losing U$200,00 per console for quite some time?

That's not the main point though, MS is actually trying to appeal to more consumers and XB1 sales have increased due to that.

Around the Network

If SONY doesn't do anything substantial for black Friday they DESERVE to get beaten in the US. It amazes me if they sit back and do nothing and let the competition grab sales that the ps4 could so easily have snatched.

FightingSmile said:
If SONY doesn't do anything substantial for black Friday they DESERVE to get beaten in the US. It amazes me if they sit back and do nothing and let the competition grab sales that the ps4 could so easily have snatched.

They still have more consoles sold so why should they go harder?

I think PS4 still wins. Word of mouth and public perception are not easily overcome.

GTAexpert said:
DonFerrari said:
X1 could easily outsell PS4 for all we know, but to call it deserved is a little odd... No costumer own any company a sale, the company have to battle for it and conquer, MS is doing it rigth now.

Have any of the people claiming MS deserves it because of the price, content or how much it is costing MS ever been saying PS3 deserved to sale better than Wii and X360 together because Sony was losing U$200,00 per console for quite some time?

That's not the main point though, MS is actually trying to appeal to more consumers and XB1 sales have increased due to that.

And what does that have to do with deserving? They are offering good value and customer is buying, Just that. If it was a deserving thing ps3 would trump and WiiU would have good sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
FightingSmile said:

I cant speak for them but i personally would want to stamp out any sort of comeback the competition might throw at me. If this means going in hard this holiday season to stop X1 peaking up steam so be it, it will be beneficial in the long run

FightingSmile said:
walsufnir said:
FightingSmile said:

I cant speak for them but i personally would want to stamp out any sort of comeback the competition might throw at me. If this means going in hard this holiday season to stop X1 peaking up steam so be it, it will be beneficial in the long run

I see my sig fitting more and more coming holiday.

Price is not the only factor when it comes to consumer value. Amazing people on a sales site don't understand this. X1 price bump is stabilizing still would not be surprising ps4 wins Nov when it's bundles drop. Supply and demand is more complicated then price. Some people  on this site are getting ahead of themselves.

FightingSmile said:
walsufnir said:
FightingSmile said:

PS4 is probably a lot more profitable for Sony at $400 without a game than XB1 at #350 with 1/2 games bundled. PS4 would still sell well, and sell more software without the bundle. But MS has made XB1 a more appealing console for Americans to buy right now. That's why they deserve to win.

Scientificreason said:

Price is not the only factor when it comes to consumer value. Amazing people on a sales site don't understand this. X1 price bump is stabilizing still would not be surprising ps4 wins Nov when it's bundles drop. Supply and demand is more complicated then price. Some people  on this site are getting ahead of themselves.

Yeah price is not the only factor, but couple that with 1/2 games bundled with a cheaper console and more FPS games which appeal to American gamers and the demand is definitely going to be high.