By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Yet The Fastest Selling Console Of The History

PS4 has unlimited demand. Its limited supply ensures its sales week are erratic. Around 300k one week and then it goes back down to 150k another week. PS4 should be able to sell 300k per week on a continuous basis and with Xmas sales help it sell over 20 million in a year. PS4s limited supply is slowing down its sales. PS4 should easily sell over 20 million for the next 3 or 4 years. That is an indisputable fact. PS4 should reach 100 million sales in 4 years time.

Around the Network

Well don't worry they will always people who will find more way to troll on PS4:
1. They will still use SONY is loosing on other division
2. PS4 is PS3.5
3.PS4 don't have exclusive
4.PSN is worse then other
5.PC is more powerful
6.etc

I guess there will be people who still hate PS become king again.

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Just wait. 2008 Wii sold 24m that year I doubt PS4 will ever do over 20m if lucky

If the PS4 is selling at its current rate with games people can already play on their ps3/360, next year and onwards should pull some pretty crazy numbers. Also whenever that inevitable price cut comes along. The Wii started at a very consumer friendly price, so peaked earlier.

Doesn't matter Op, wii will have much longer legs compared to PS4.

The Wii was severly supply constrained all over the globe for its first two years though, meaning it had a lot more sellthrough on its shipments, so given the very small margins on shipment difference it is quite likely to still be in front in sellthrough to end user at this point in its life.
Guess it depends on how one looks at it.
It is a massive feat regardless though.

Around the Network
Skidonti said:
teigaga said:
Wonktonodi said:
Both amazing feats. Though the Wii was selling out and had tougher competition. I didn't expect the ps4 to hold out quite this long. I wonder if I can find that thread

I'd actually argue the wii had no competition. The only person  i know who has a wii and no other 7th gen console is my sister and she literally just uses it to entertain guests lol

Most people had a wii plus another console. It wasn't an either or situation back then because the system was so different and equally cheap.

That's... still competition. People have limited money. So actually, a lot of people owning multiple systems could be an indication that the competition for consumers' money was fiercer.

Specifically looking at the idea of ''tougher competition''. How can the competition be tougher when its not competing for the same space? Hence people owning multiple systems, something which i don't think has ever been that common outside very core gamers. 

PS3 vs 360 was tough competition.

The PS4 is just starting! 2015/2016 will be much bigger than 2014!
Totally PS4 Domination!

2008ProchargedGT said:
marley said:
The Wii was still hard to find at this point in it's life.....

What does that have to do with anything? Had they shipped asnmuch as Sony they may have not been hard to find. That dosent change the sale totals.

How exactly is that information not relevant to a sales discussion?  Congratulations to Sony for having less demand but a higher manufacturing output... is that what you want to hear?  The PS4 is selling great no doubt, but celebrating it selling more than a product that was heavily supply constrained seems a bit pointless. 

Conegamer said:
It's a good performance, but it's only now a matter of time until it falls a long long way behind.

As I recall it was really the second and third years which punched in the numbers for the Wii, and I have zero reason to believe the PS4 can do that we'll in the holidays.

You might want to hold onto that thought until after PlayStation Experience in December. Apart from actual great in-your-hands-right-now games, the promise of incredible games to come is an extremelly strong pull for people that will further sway them into buying the console in expectance of what is on the way, keeping sales going forward briskly until the flood that is to come throughout 2015. And if those types of events serve something, is to hype everything into high gear.

marley said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
marley said:
The Wii was still hard to find at this point in it's life.....

What does that have to do with anything? Had they shipped asnmuch as Sony they may have not been hard to find. That dosent change the sale totals.

How exactly is that information not relevant to a sales discussion?  Congratulations to Sony for having less demand but a higher manufacturing output... is that what you want to hear?  The PS4 is selling great no doubt, but celebrating it selling more than a product that was heavily supply constrained seems a bit pointless. 

Swing and a miss. How can you factually say the Wii had more demand than the PS4? You cant. Whos to say if Nintendo produced the same amount of consoles as Sony , they wouldnt have sold the same amount as they did? You cant answer these questions with out speculation and assumption. I can however say that during the same time frame Sony did produce more consoles. Who knows how many of those are still on shelves? Point is its ahead of the Wii for the most consoles sold in in the history of console sales. Why not shout that from the roof tops if you are a Sony fan? I sure heard alot of Nintendo fans pounding thier chests las gen....