By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Dominates Xbox One in Ubisoft Platform Sales Charts, Watch Dogs Sells 9 Million, Far Cry 4 Expected to sell 6 Million and The Crew 2 million this Year

Wooow I am impressed with WiiU since it could reach 1% with no games

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
SweetTalia said:
Fusioncode said:
SweetTalia said:

So it would seem

Do you have numbers?

No numbers.. just looking at some preorders at some retailers

Oh... well I'll wait for NPD then.

Should do well though. 

It's based on amazon hourly...

bananaking21 said:
massive domination for PS4.

lol at the crew projection, it would be lucky to sell half that. im expecting 600k or less.

Really? I think it could manage to sell 1.5m. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Callum_Alexander said:
That explains the Unity/Microsoft marketing deal then. I doubt Ubisoft want Sony to have too much of a hold over them, especially looking at next-gen only percentages.

Yeah that seems like the most logical reason. If PS4 accounts for too many of a thrid party dev's sales then Sony won't need to pay for exclusive marketing and DLC anymore. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
bananaking21 said:
massive domination for PS4.

lol at the crew projection, it would be lucky to sell half that. im expecting 600k or less.

Really? I think it could manage to sell 1.5m. 

i see a massive flop in the making

Around the Network
huiii said:
Landguy said:
huiii said:
Sony practically doubled their ubisoft mareket share.
Ubi now makes ~50% of their sales on sony platforms. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for ubi.

Not to be too picky, but 19%(PS3) + 21%(PS4) + 1%(Vita) == 41% for Sony...

But I do find it interesting that compared to last year, THe Xbox brand had a 30% market share, and this year the total is 25%.

Sony grabbed market share from both the PC and Xbox...

To answer your question, sales on any platform is surely welcome by any publisher.  The dissapointing thing for Ubisoft could only be that there are not more consoles sold.

I was looking at the 6 month thingy which is 17%+32% =49%

And yes sales are always good but beeing too dependant on one company/platform for those sales can be a risk. The more dependant they bocome on sony the more power sony has over them, so i guess they'd probably prefere a more even split.

They have done well like that in gen 5 and 6, so that wouldn't be too much of a problem... and they are MP now so they aren't that dependant. And they are eager to take money to promote on the platform they are selling less

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."