By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo promo images, possible hint of Pikmin and Tom Nook figurines

I have to think there is a Nintendo Universe type title coming for 2015, there has to be because otherwise Nintendo is kinda stuck with Smash Bros. as their lead game or some Amiibo will have fairly limited functionality compared to others (because for example Tom Nook won't work with Smash Bros.).

That might also clear up the "there's noting for the 3DS in 2015!" thing, Nintendo Universe for 3DS + Wii U may be their big holiday title. Especially if Zelda U gets delayed.

Around the Network
SwooshX said:
I have to think there is a Nintendo Universe type title coming for 2015, there has to be because otherwise Nintendo is kinda stuck with Smash Bros. as their lead game or some Amiibo will have fairly limited functionality compared to others (because for example Tom Nook won't work with Smash Bros.).

That might also clear up the "there's noting for the 3DS in 2015!" thing, Nintendo Universe for 3DS + Wii U may be their big holiday title. Especially if Zelda U gets delayed.

Nintendo already revealed that some Amiibos will only work with Smash.

Those Amiibos will also only be available for a limited time:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192554&page=1#

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
SwooshX said:

Nintendo already revealed that some Amiibos will only work with Smash.

Those Amiibos will also only be available for a limited time:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192554&page=1#

I think there has to be a hub game coming regardless. That way Nintendo won't be so limited, and like the kid who wants to buy say a Tom Nook Amiibo because he/she thinks it looks neat but doesn't have Animal Crossing for the 3DS ... well they should be able to get some use of their figure too. 

I dunno if it has to be a game that plays just like Skylanders, I guess it could be something more like Nintendo Land 2 with mini-games, but if you scan in your Amiibo, you can control that character through the mini-games. 

SwooshX said:

I think there has to be a hub game coming regardless. That way Nintendo won't be so limited, and like the kid who wants to buy say a Tom Nook Amiibo because he/she thinks it looks neat but doesn't have Animal Crossing for the 3DS ... well they should be able to get some use of their figure too. 

I dunno if it has to be a game that plays just like Skylanders, I guess it could be something more like Nintendo Land 2 with mini-games, but if you scan in your Amiibo, you can control that character through the mini-games. 

My guess is it will be Nintendo Land 2, only this iteration will play like a combination of the first one and Disney Infinity...

In Nintendo Land you had the opportunity to unlock things from the mini games with which to decorate your park, but it didn't allow for much creativity...

This time you'll have more control...

Have a nice day...

I'd like those new Link and Samus ones please.

Around the Network
leedlelee said:

SwooshX said:

My guess is it will be Nintendo Land 2, only this iteration will play like a combination of the first one and Disney Infinity...

In Nintendo Land you had the opportunity to unlock things from the mini games with which to decorate your park, but it didn't allow for much creativity...

Yeah maybe. Though I get the feeling the first Nintendo Land wasn't as big of a hit as Nintendo wanted. 

So maybe they'll just call it Nintendo Universe or Nintendo World or something and give it different play mechanics. 

To be honest an Skylanders style game using Nintendo characters and levels would probably quickly become one of their biggest IP, right up there with Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and the Mario platformers. I know Nintendo likes to be unique and all, but this is a scenario where copying wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

KLAMarine said:
Give me Cia please.

Hell yeah, I'd love a whole Hyrule Warriors series of amiibos :P

1doesnotsimply

More than that it might hint towards NEW games.

Pikmin for Pikmin 3.
Mario for Mario Maker perhaps.
Tom Nook for new Animal Crossing.
Link for... hard to guess. Doesnt look like Wii U game link, nor Majoras Mask link.
Samus for new Metroid.

AND, some are saying that Bowser looks flat like Paper Mario... but that is just wishful thinking.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Animal crossing would be a perfect fit for amiibo

SwooshX said:
leedlelee said:

SwooshX said:

Yeah maybe. Though I get the feeling the first Nintendo Land wasn't as big of a hit as Nintendo wanted. 

So maybe they'll just call it Nintendo Universe or Nintendo World or something and give it different play mechanics. 

To be honest an Skylanders style game using Nintendo characters and levels would probably quickly become one of their biggest IP, right up there with Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and the Mario platformers. I know Nintendo likes to be unique and all, but this is a scenario where copying wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

Or, you know, they could open an actual Nintendo theme park in Japan? And, tie it with Nintendo Land 2?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3