By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty AW runs at native 1080p on PS4 (900p on XBO)

CGI-Quality said:
SweetTalia said:
CGI-Quality said:

So two random games prove that there isn't a notable difference in technical specifications? Really? I could ask you about MGS: Ground Zeroes and COD: Ghosts. Answer this honestly - what does it do to your question here?

So COD: Ghosts looks THAT much better on the ps4 compare to the x1? lol are you serious man?

Look, it looks better on the ps4 but it is marginal ..    thats my point

You're saying that 1080p doesn't look substantially better than 720p (among other differences that those games came with in favor of PS4)? I sure hope not. And, why ignore Metal Gear? For you to say the difference in each system's power is marginal, you'd have to provide something that proves this (as I asked him).

Currently, you have nothing to work with. 

Ghosts on PS4 looked better but not by much.  You just look at numbers 720p and 1080p and think think game looked twice as good on PS4...That is ignorance.  

Metal Gear is ignored because we know who the developer is and know they didn't give a damn about the XBO version. 

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
CGI-Quality said:

You're saying that 1080p doesn't look substantially better than 720p (among other differences that those games came with in favor of PS4)? I sure hope not. And, why ignore Metal Gear? For you to say the difference in each system's power is marginal, you'd have to provide something that proves this (as I asked him).

Ghosts on PS4 looked better but not by much.  You just look at numbers 720p and 1080p and think think game looked twice as good on PS4...That is ignorance.  

Metal Gear is ignored because we know who the developer is and know they didn't give a damn about the XBO version. 

The color balance and crushed blacks were horrible in the X1 version, not to mention all the jaggies that were pretty conspicuous.

Aura7541 said:
Sharpryno said:
CGI-Quality said:

The color balance and crushed blacks were horrible in the X1 version, not to mention all the jaggies that were pretty conspicuous.

My opinion is that they both looked like crap and both had framerate problems.  Comparing that abysmal game to anything is a waste of time. 

CGI-Quality said:
Sharpryno said:
CGI-Quality said:

-snip

I'd advise looking up the word "ignorance". You've misued it here. If res was the only difference within the game, which is already big, you might have a point. But it wasn't, and that was far outside of my point. Currently, you are the second person to quote me without providing solid answers to my questions.

I'm starting to think that there isn't one. 

You stated 1080p looks significantly better than 720p upscaled for Ghosts.  Thats the bit I was calling ignorance. 

Sharpryno said:
Aura7541 said:

My opinion is that they both looked like crap and both had framerate problems.  Comparing that abysmal game to anything is a waste of time. 

And yet, the differences were still there, regardless of whether Ghosts was crap or not.

SweetTalia said:
Tamron said:
SweetTalia said:

Yes true..we can see that . in the usa x1 cod is outselling ps4 version at the moment..

It'd be pretty funny if the PS4 version outsells it anyway._o

Wouldn't be more funny if x1 cod outsell ps4 cod? because um.. you know... sell gap difference between the two? O_o

Not really. COD and Halo are the life blood of Xbox. Without those 2 games xbox would be irrelevant. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Sharpryno said:
Aura7541 said:

Ah, but your opinion about the game itself is irrelevant when talking about technical, factual, differences. 

Keep pretending that Ghosts looked incredible on PS4.  

CGI-Quality said:
Sharpryno said:

You stated 1080p looks significantly better than 720p upscaled for Ghosts.  Thats the bit I was calling ignorance. 

Um, a 50% difference in resolution, alone, isn't substantial? Got it.

Good day, sir. 

Same number of pixels on the screen.  I mean just look up uncompressed images of the two to educate yourself.  Upscaled is blurrier when you get up close to the detail, but when you are playing at 60fps, you don't notice this unless you stop, stare and anaylyze.   It is not some massive difference like you think it is.  

cutzman25 said:
but lets be honest, you don't notice 180p

Yh ignorance is bliss. 

Especially when you consider that 180p is actually 633K pixels.

Its really easy for people to just say 180p" like it were nothing. But it ain't, and 1080p image will look clearer and sharper than a 900p image. So don't say n one notices it or insinuate that it doesn't matter. Just say 900p isn't bad and its at least much better than 720p.

Sharpryno said:
CGI-Quality said:
Sharpryno said:

Um, a 50% difference in resolution, alone, isn't substantial? Got it.

Good day, sir. 

Same number of pixels on the screen.  I mean just look up uncompressed images of the two to educate yourself.  Upscaled is blurrier when you get up close to the detail, but when you are playing at 60fps, you don't notice this unless you stop, stare and anaylyze.   It is not some massive difference like you think it is.  

you saying native 1080p is only clearer than 900p/720p or upscaled rez in general at extreme close ups? 

if that is he case you are either lying or you don't really know what you are talkig about.

Good news for the call of duty fans.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX